I already miss old Sym

The auto-lock.

The original Photon Barrier.

The ability to place 6 turrets.

The ability to quickly bring allies back from spawn with the Teleporter.

The ability to boost a defense with the Shield Generator.

Being able to pierce shields with orbs.

And I’ve also discovered that Symmetra has gained a new counter in Torbjorn, more specifically his turret. It can target Symmetra’s projectile turrets in the air and destroy them. Discovered this the hard way when an enemy team put their Torbjorn turret someplace where it could nail the turrets just about anywhere.

Overall, I miss old Sym… :sob:

37 Likes

I think they can make this new symm work they just need to do a few tweaks. Her turrets need a little more health. They only have 30hp if I remember correctly but everyone does more than 30 damage so there is literally no difference in health from 1 anyways.

Her ammo should be put back to 100 and her primary range needs to be longer like Zarya’s. Right now you need to be so close to use it that you will die instantly since they go rid of all Symms survivability. I would be cool with them getting rid of her primary generating ammo off barriers if they gave her secondary its piercing back. The lack of piercing has drastically lowered my damage output even with the buffs.

It could be useful if they adjusted her teleporter placement requirements. I am constantly trying to place it but not being close enough to where I want to go and dying or almost dying just trying to place the thing down. Even when I do get it down it is destroyed instantly since I need LOS and to be close to place it. Her ult feels like it goes too fast but that could be me just getting used to it as well.

6 Likes

new symm is perfect love the new redesign i might actually play symm now

accidentally deleted my post had to repost it :frowning:

15 Likes

New Symm is equally viable everywhere, although she’s pretty medicore. I think Blizzard’s main goal was to make Symm not seen as a throw pick on attack and control

1 Like

You can click the delete button again to undo the delete iirc

As a non-Sym player, I just wish they would’ve incorporated Shield Gen somehow, it’s a damn shame for something so unique to just up and vanish.

12 Likes

That’s pretty surprising feedback, considering basically 100% of PTR feedback was that new Symm was a disaster. How exactly do you pl-

Ah.

That explains a lot.

13 Likes

I miss the old teleporter as well. Being able to transport your team from the spawn was a game changer and was impactful, now her teleporter seems like nothing more than a gimmick with limited utility. I’d kill to be able to drop the entrance and exit teleporter seperately and not just 25 meters apart at the same time. Then there’s the question on why I need to use an activation key to use her teleporter now when we never needed to with the old teleporter. We should be able to toggle that feature off so we can just run through it again. I miss her old primary fire as well. The new one feels worse even though technically it goes farther. If they made her fire like Zarya’s it should go as far as Zarya’s.

4 Likes

as a hog main, I love this new sym… I eat her alive now.

1 Like

It generally prevents from someone like Moira coming in and just rightclicking and moving their mouse in random directions to kill all the turrets.

Same thing with any shotgun hero or anyone with randomish spread. Soldier has to actually shoot it twice in order to kill it now. Dva can’t just walk into a room and spray in the general direction of the turrets to kill them.

More health = less one shots = better for the game.

I mean, seriously. Who liked setting up all your turrets as symmetra and having them be destroyed by one zarya pulse or a Moira just looking in a general direction to kill them all?

3 Likes

I guess I would argue I think they need around 60hp since in my personal opinion that Moira will still just walk in and destroy them the exact same way. The time it takes to destroy 1 turret at 30hp isn’t better than 2 turrets at 1hp since you can spread the damage out.

I do love the ability to throw them though that has been fantastic and the turret changes are my personal favourite part of her kit.

1 Like

The difference is here, Moira now needs over a half second to destroy one when previously it was that she needed .05 seconds. That’s over 10x the duration that Moira needs to focus them right?

Same thing with Dva and other shotgun heroes. You need to spend more time on them and thus they’re more of a threat. That’s the whole point of her turrets right? Be a threat and a distraction?

2 Likes

Again my point was the time it takes to destroy 1 turret at 30hp isn’t better than 2 turrets at 1hp since you can spread the damage out to different directions and the opponent has to spend time looking around. Also keep in mind at 30hp you can literally just punch the turret to kill it.

Even if it takes 2 shots to kill a turret it is still a net loss since it already took two shots to destroy two turrets and you had to look around for them before while now you don’t.

The plus side is they are more replaceable now since you only have 3 you will be able to get them out faster. Their cool down effectively was halved since each individual turret represents two old turrets.

1 Like

But I’d say that it is. It’s the difference between one pellet hitting the target once (Dva could take out all 6 turrets in one shot) and spending less than 1/20 of a second looking in the direction of the damage compared to dva needing 2 shots and all pellets to hit in order to kill a turret and Moira spending over half a second on each one.

Sure, they still have to look at it and all, but now they have to look longer than it takes to even kill 6 turrets.

Think of it this way. 1 turret now has 5x the HP as 6 turrets used to. That’s amazing IMO.

im just gonna wait until no one plays her

Yeah, Teleporter is pretty clunky and awkward feeling currently, definitely needs improvements. The potential is absolutely huge though, and does give Sym more consistent and frequent impact, in theory at least.

I definitely sympathize with the primary change. It was necessary to make it require more aim (at least, once they decided to make her DPS), but it would be massive and painful adjustment for any hero’s mains, and many of Sym’s played her precisely because of lack of aim requirements. Certainly purely from a balance perspective though, the beam still needs tweaking for sure.

1 Like

If this is true that it does indeed target them and wasn’t just trying to hit a player behind the flying turrets, then this needs to be changed. It is basically like when Moira Orbs could hit her turrets.

2 Likes

If a player was every placing turrets in such a way that you could hit more than 1 at a time then those players were BADDDD symm players. Any Symm player worth their salt knows that you place them high and low from all directions to force the opponent to constantly be aiming many directions.

I maintain it takes longer to kill 1 turrets and then turn 180 and aim from high to low and kill the second turret as opposed to getting 2 shots out as DVA assuming you aren’t close enough to one shot it anyways.

2 Likes

Being able to place the entrance and exit portals separately is something I have been hoping they would implement since they announced the rework. I admit that the teleporter as is has some potential but at the very least they need to make it spawn faster to reduce the clunkiness.

I have played several matches with the new Symmetra both on PTR and since it went live. Only once have I been able to use her new primary fire well. I was able to sneak up on an enemy Orisa. She was stationary behind her shield and so focused on my allies on the other side that I could actually charge the beam up a bit and kill her.

1 Like

Mei spray or Roadhog spread could kill 3 turrets at the same time.
Now, roadhog has to shoot more times.