I actually love these Moira changes, nice job!

I think it actually adds elements of skill and decision making her kit was lacking hence why she was never viable, specifically the orb changes. The M2 is self-explanatory but having less consistency and a bigger skill gap is really good I feel.

Her orb is definitely a lot more interactive now that it’s not its own player now and you have to manually damage targets yourself. However, I still stand by the opinion it should reduce the amount of damage the enemy does by half when stuck to them, now that’d be pretty interesting, and maybe keep the damage but have it 50 total or something.

The only one I disagree with is Fade, and even if it is on 8 second cooldown I don’t think Moira having the ability to fade the whole team is a good idea. If it stays I’d like to see it to where she has to fade through people to cleanse them. But my whole problem with this is fade didn’t need utility, because it already is utility. Survivability and uptime is huge utility and it just feels weird to tie more utility to something that is SUPPOSED to be her mobility/escape.

Other than that I love the changes, great work Blizzard! :+1:

19 Likes

Less than an hour on Moira, and if I recall, you’ve never been complementary of the hero. Suddenly coming out with “these changes are amazing”, doesn’t strike me as sincere.

10 Likes

First of all, you’re not even checking my full profile. I played a lot of Moira back in double shield, and have way more time than just “one hour” because I never play QP compared to comp.

Second of all, I’ve never hated the hero but I have been saying from time to time when brought up that she needs a wider skill gap like these changes that really seperate the good Moiras from the best Moiras

IDK I just feel like having to use my profile for an argument isn’t exactly valid.

4 Likes

It’s just strange how suddenly there are a lot of players, with minimal time on her, and who do not play even the spec in competitive, never mind the hero, are suddenly so praiseworthy of such changes which are, considering the orb destruction alone, quite significant nerfs to her base kit.

I don’t think such views are particularly valid, and just act as a smokescreen for those who take an irrational dislike to a hero, who, ultimately is just a tool for a player of a spec, to try to help you win matches.

Good balance helps us all. It means we don’t have trash heroes ruining matches by wasting a hero slot. Because people will play them, and you will suffer when they do.

5 Likes

Just told you, I played Moira a lot back in double shield. I can even post a screenshot but you’re saying this without even looking at my profile so it’s not very valid.

Again, told you I like the hero but that doesn’t mean I automatically like the functionality of her kit or her balance. And no, I don’t care about winning matches. I care about the health and learning curves of the game, I couldn’t care less about my SR

Except she won’t be bad after this. The only way I could possibly see her being weak is because main tanks are obsolete right now but that is an entirely separate issue.

2 Likes

You haven’t even tested it, or read the notes properly, I just saw your reply in the other thread talking about the cleanse that was removed.

I know your angle.

4 Likes

I actually have tested the mode for two games now, but the only reason I thought it still cleansed was because it did this last time, and there weren’t enough situations in my two games to where I would actually see the cleanse effect myself.

wait ur grandmaster :flushed:

have u ever played with sleepy? or any popular streamer?

1 Like

Yes, very many. I’ve played with Sleepy a few times, very chill guy.

Tho I think I end up playing with OWL players the most because I play when they get off scrims

3 Likes

like who?

just curious

I mean, the problem isn’t the “more skill” part. The problem is all of this hugely weakens a hero that wasn’t very good before. Even with the skill, you will do less than Moira used to, and she was routinely considered to be outright inferior to Ana.

I would never pick Moira in this state. Ana would literally always be better. If the other guy picked Ana I would pick either Mercy or Lucio.

Too many of em to count honestly, and even I can’t keep track of the 50 million alts they have :joy:

The ones I play with most I think are Surefour, Ans, XZI, Dogman, Super, Kevster, and KSP.

At least those are all names I see pop up every other night

2 Likes

Ik you’re asking Drow but I’ve played with and against Jake recently, but before I’ve played with Super, xQc many times (he lives near me I guess), Linkzr, Poko, Unkoe, Space, Muma, and I also remember playing against Saebyeolbe on Nepal and getting killed like 17 times by his Tracer during Dive Meta…we still won somehow, I don’t think he killed anyone but me all game LOL.

It’s fun playing against OWL players though because it feels like a real test of skill :smiley:

2 Likes

The orb destruction against a shield is lame though haha. One bounce is a acceptable I guess but shield destruction blah

I don’t entirely mind it, since it encourages using nearby walls for bouncing or getting creative with angles to still get impact with her orbs.

These changes are just massive nerfs to the character. Grasp is much harder to use with no compensation, orb just sucks period, and even fade is mediocre with these changes. And moira isnt even good.

lol

1 Like

I see people saying that Moira isn’t good, and I see people saying that Moira’s ult charge is nerfed bad by the orb change.

Do people actually use the damage orb for ult charge purposes? Maybe that’s why they think she’s bad…

Well it should at least damage the shield that it gets destroyed by maybe

1 Like

Im ok with everyting except fade couze it’s save ourself or save teammates and die so it’s not usefull, cooldown is (for me) 1s to long and I don’t like idea of distracting orb on shield is bad, how to heal team if tank got ther shield also I don like it sticking orb unless it stick only to roughog… then bring it on that changes I wanna be the worst nightmare for that fat pig!