I’m sick of genji being a blade bot

Buff his base kit but!!

give him the hanzo treatment where he cannot receive any damage boost modifications during ult!!

And or even nerf his deflect back down to 1.5 as that’s a hella dumb change that just gets cheap kills because of people’s muscle memory (but it does definitely help him escape better but I’d trade damage over escaping as you can use map geography like doom).

And if the blade nerfs are too much they can just buff base blade slightly maybe make it so slightly more damage (130 instead of 120), make it activate and/or sheath quicker, or make it more quite during activation (to promote sneaky blades in the backline) or make him atleast not light up like a Christmas tree xD

21 Likes

that would probably be the easiest way to fix him…

11 Likes

Well, at least this is a “Genji is a blade bot” complaint where the tradeoff isn’t just ult charge.

8 Likes

They could buff back his spread and reduce the dmg of blade to like 115 or something idk

Just not 4 buffs at once please :slight_smile:

2 Likes

i like nanoblade where it is right now. When i hit that sleep/shatter/grav on a nanoblade, i feel really cool and its a huge celebratory moment, taking that away would make the game more bland

5 Likes

His base kit is very generous already in terms of mobility

2 Likes

Yea the most time I actually have fun playing genji is with his base kit where u have actually use your brain to get a kill and make it a 5v6

but his base kit Rn even with the few buffs is very slightly not good enough to get kills unless they just nerf the aoe heals like they have with brig (she could heal someone for 76hps with armour pack n rally). Even if they just buff his damage up to 29 I’d be fine with it so I can stop looking at people survive on 2hp even though I executed the perfect combo (3 right clicks to the head and a melee) (56x3 = 168 plus melee vs 58x3= 174 plus melee)

4 Likes

i was thinking about making a thread about this too myself later on.

i have a bunch of threads id like to make stacking up…

3 Likes

Yea but that’s kinda selfish genji is like the opposite of doom where doom as a good base kit but meh ult and genji has a meh base kit and a good ult if nanoed or mercy pocketed. And I’m pretty sure most genjis of sick of playing like a coackroach just surviving so they can make the one of few plays they can in a game with blade.

2 Likes

His base kit is bloated, though. What else can they buff? He already has three passives, an ability that confirms kills and resets on cooldown/ult activation, and deflect just got two big buffs.

What else can they buff without making him feel SUPER cheap to go against?

2 Likes

I think you’re talking bout tracer or doom or even echo or sombra like common he’s pretty easy to kill compared to some characters. It’s just gold players that when a genji jumps over their head they think he went full hudeni and disappeared.

Most good players can kill him if anything you should be complaining about deflect! ( if you think he lives too long!) then Again, we are back at the same conclusion, I’d take a deflect nerf any day for a slight damage buff!

And I’m not talking about making his fan a submachine gun again by buffing it’s rate of fire either, as that just helps players that miss their shots, so they get another chance to finish of the target (he shouldn’t be a soldier 76 if you miss your shots you should be punished for it)

all I’m saying is if you want to keep him at relatively the same power level he is now but make him actually more ingaging to play with and against he could use some tweaks.

My idea is to buff his damage to 29 or 30 and Either nerf his deflect or his ult, or both for all I care! He is a burst dps he should be good at flanking shields and confirming a single target and hopefully escaping or snowballing the fight if your team has the right resources! Not farming a whole team with blade combos! (And if the nerf to blade is too much they could make the activation a little quicker or more silent to promote sneaky blades that pick off a few people in the back line, he’ll even rip tire is more quite then blade he lights up red like a Christmas tree too!)

his deflect is kinda useless Rn anyway except against hitscans ever since they reduced its hitbox so Idrc if it gets nerfed more anyway. And it’s always been a budget tank ability aswell a worse defender matrix, zarya bubble & sigma suck to begin with anyway

2 Likes

If they go the route of removing nanoboost on his ult, they have to seriously give him some good compensation buffs, which to be honest, would turn him into a combo one shot master.

Andough have you ever spent the time to actually play genji for Even something as small as whole match of comp, if you have you’d know what I mean. Sure he can be difficult to kill if the map geography is in your favour or you play passively but with his base kit can you really flank the enemy’s backline and make any big plays like you could on tracer or doom. he’s more compareable to sombra, whereAs unless the target is isolated, your chances of actually killing that target is so inconsistent to the point the enemy team would of had to make a mistake or lack the resources. If it’s 6v6 their teams resources just out weigh your decision making even if it is superior. Watch any high tier genjis play Rn or even low tiers they are legit blade bots if you can’t see that, you’re blind.

Not Palmer Idrk bout that they could just buff his base blade damage to 130 or make it quieter or activate and sheath more quickly?

2 Likes

I gave plenty of trade offs to keep firerate and 30 damage shurikens, but they dont care.

5 Likes

Bro I want genji to be good again but both them buffs made him busted af!!! All he needs is a half revert on both Ora full revert on one, because u got to remember going from 28to30 is more like going from 84 damage to 90 cause he chucks 3 at once so he can’t have high burst and a soldier gun. AGAIN I REPEAT he either needs a half revert on both or just one of the buffs… please don’t be the genji main everyone hates that justs wants him to be busted my man be reasonable or no one will wanna listen. Playing mccree in busted genji was painful my man cause if he got close it’s gg . I more so want it to be more similar to tracer vs mccree matchup where they both can outplay eachother and one doesn’t just win by having the better stats. There needs to be more decisions making in this game not just I win because I pressed a button or I win cause I got better stats nah man be reasonable

1 Like

The change that broke him was the spread. If we had only firerate and 30 damage shurikens he wouldnt be broken. The spread buffs are stupid cause they made triple headshot too easy to land. I rather have the old spread and be rewarded with a kill for my combos than having a good spread and deal no damage.

2 Likes

I’d argue the spread made him have to aim it more (but you’re safer to use it for a slightly longer distance). and the rate of fire although made him soo much more fluid and fun to play it also made him way more forgiving, because if you miss your shots you get another change to kill them. I think we can both agree that if they don’t want him to have high burst 28to 30 then yea they’ll need to increase the rate of fire so that when he doesn’t kill the target with the perfect combo he can atleast follow it up. And I wouldn’t be completely opposed to a half revert of the spread buff if the increase the rate of fire for sure as being able to consistently spam into the back of a target but also consistently hiring 1/2 on a small target or 2/3 on a big one is kinda oppressive closerange.

1 Like

I care :heart:

But sadly the devs dont listen :frowning:

1 Like

I fail to see why Blizzard doesn’t nerf his blade and just give him back the shuriken fire rate increase. I’ve been barking up this tree since power creep and easy-to-play heroes were added to the game to match up against him.

2 Likes

What do you guys purpose then his changes should be so I can understand? I’m all for making his base kit slightly better and his ult slightly worse