I’m scared of turning tanks into brawlers

I doubt we’ll ever get another brig

Mind you, she was broken on both a fundamental and in-game level.

To an extent, it makes since considering her whole addition was so solo-supports had an option for self-peel. And balancing a team game for solo is not a great idea.

But launch brigg was so laughably unbalanced that i doubt blizz would be so careless twice.

Think it’s great idea, as it allows to salvage otherwise hopeless games.

1 Like

Then we would get more Brigs and Sigs that just do too much on one hero

I ultimately disagree and kind of like overwatch’s dependency on teamwork. Even if it is one of the game’s biggest flaws.

Still amazes me that some people are scared of an FPS game to look more into making the damage and proper accuracy/positioning matter more than CD usage and damage soaking.

Yeah, they said already they were going to do that.
Months ago.
…what?

PS: Tanks are already more impactful than DPS in a 222 setting so this changes are only going to make them better … and some of you are scared FOR them? :thinking:

1 Like

Depends, lets hope they look at the similiar gameplay flops on market ( like marvels avengers game) and avoid making symiliar mistakes, especialy lvl grind wise.

More like people are concerned about this stuff

Which basically boils down to

• Everybody can rez teammates, and downed teammates can crawl
  • AntiHeal radius reduced to 0.5m, down from 4m.
  • Healer passive, similar to mercy
  • All Tanks can bodyblock piercing attacks, as a passive
1 Like

I am scared Overwatch 2 will be Overwatch 2077

1 Like

But people want damage to have no reliable counters, aren’t they? All those pesky tanks/supports shouldn’t be able to deny you your precious kill on someone, who messed up.

It’s just boring.

Which is great, as it prevents matchmaking from screwing you over.

Overwatch crossed that line, where team stops being welcomed assistance and starts to become a burden.

Being able to rez downed teammates, most only applies to ranged damage.

If a Reaper goes on a murder spree at close range, and it’s a teamfight. You aren’t going to be able to stand 100% still to Rez, that easily.

But that’s the point - you shouldn’t be able to rescue someone. It supposed to give you an illusion, that your team got your back, but in fact, they can’t do much, if you are in wrong place and time.

Well, they gotta have some mechanism to keep snipers in check, that doesn’t involve glowing blue rectangles.

And how does it keep snipers in check, if maps have large areas? You still can’t really do anything, if you got sniped while running between covers.

2 Likes
  1. The downed player could crawl to cover
  2. Anybody could Rez
  3. Downed players would probably be very damage resistant (Although maybe melee causes an instakill on downed enemies)

They better be damage resistant, otherwise sniper just has to shoot second time.

1 Like

Yeah, I figure make them have the equivalent of 600hp and immune to headshots.

But one melee attack would instantly fully kill them.
(And maybe Reaper can just eat the soul orb)

And the usual 10sec bleedout timer would apply.

Thats just guessing until we have proper news. Afaik, the defensive capabilities are not getting nerfed, they are just getting more things to brawl.

Just to you.

800hp Rein Barrier from the trailer.

They are gonna need some big anti-sniper capability if all barriers are gonna be flimsy.

3 Likes

Watching your teammates get shredded to pieces is upsetting, even if you got plenty of them to spare. Especially if you clearly know, that you got no lightning-speed reflexes to beat whoever did it.

It just would be like CoD, where snipers are running around and regular players have to camp.

1 Like

Well, I’m thinking more like Dirty Bomb, or Apex Legends.

Which has strong snipers, but if you can crawl back to cover, it can be cancelled out.

In Dirty Bomb, there is no resurrection after snipers. And even less powerful guns require only extra second of shooting to finish off downed player.

Hope they won’t do that, as it’s awful experience, even if you were playing as Spark with her range-revival gun.