I’m glad Overwatch doesn’t have a battlepass system

That I can agree with you on.

4 Likes

Quoted For Truth!

I’ve never invested in a battle pass, and I don’t think I ever will.

No matter how cute it is. The only thing that would get me is kawaii anime girls, and it had better be not tied to the pass.

1 Like

Battle Passes turn games into chores to play. I quickly got burnt out on PUBG once they added in a battle-pass system - wanting to unlock that certain item made me play the game way more than I could stomach.

I’d rather they keep them out of OW.

8 Likes

I’m glad L4D doesn’t have one either, they made a big update over there, will give hiatus to OW for the time being for a while.

Jeff said they’re interested in doing a BattlePass as a replacement for lootboxes in OW2

What I like about the modern warfare battle pass is it’s $10 and you can get the ingame currency (represents real money) as a reward which is the same amount as the pass, so as long as you don’t go buying other things you can indefinitely get all future battle passes with only $10.

3 Likes

What would your reaction be when OW2 implements something like a battlepass?

I honestly don’t mind battle passes too much. The positive is it helps retain players with hype content.

Although replacing the loot boxes is fairly simple imo. Just replace it with a currency system like LOL. You’ll earn enough currency eventually (by winning games) but you can buy it directly if you want

battlepass is good this time around, it’s purely cosmetic. I like that it results in exclusive cosmetics. OW needs more of those.

Why? Eventually you can get enough credits to just buy said things. I think the lootboxes are more fun

2 Likes

Free battlepass- good
Premium battlepasses- nah

Because premiun battlepasses are used more to due to more income, I like the lootboxes better.

1 Like

Most events happen seasonally, where if you really want a skin that bad, you can grind out lootboxes very easily to either increase chances of getting it or getting enough credits to just buy it

1 Like

How have you NOT got everything yet? On this account I’m not even silver border yet and I have every hero at 90% essentially

2 Likes

Because my RNG sucks, plain and simple. I’ve opened every single lootbox I’ve gotten from levelling, and still don’t have everything.

1 Like

You should have enough credits to ATLEAST buy them then.

I work during the week so I probably can crunch in 8 hours of playtime if I really try weekly, but between events, I’ve managed to get 20k to just buy the things I want without bothering through the lootboxes.

I don’t think what you are saying is legitimately possible - unless you were never implying you don’t have the credits to just buy stuff

1 Like

Right now I have 12k credits, and that’s not even enough to buy all the things I dont have in legacy overwatch. I need 25k credits just to buy the default legendary skins I dont have. That’s not even including all the default emotes and highlight intros that I don’t have.

Yep, after playing for 4 years, there are still 25 default legendary skins I dont own

Eh, I really don’t mind Battle Passes in of themselves. They can be done poorly (just as with lootboxes) but done well, there really isn’t anything wrong with the concept and it’s a good way to give players a consistent goal and keep the revenue flowing.

And honestly, whether it be a Battle Pass or a hell of a lot more paid skins, Blizzard really does need to shift to a different monetization format with OW2. The current system certainly feels nice for us but it’s not a good source of income for Blizzard and that means less and lower quality content for us.

There’s a sweeter spot to be found for both parties imo.

2 Likes

Overwatch imo has the best system out there. Everything is unlockable just by playing, no money required.

I have almost every single cosmetic in OW without having spent a dime for lootboxes

If I want to have anything in another game besides default skins I have to spend money, no thanks

3 Likes

Battlepass is probably going to be implemented for OW2 though, they have discussed about this.

How else would they squeeze money out of the playerbase when rng lootboxes are being banned under gambling laws?

1 Like

Not all battlepasses are bad. Warframe has a very good battlepass that is both free and simple.