I’m dying a bit inside from this

Idk why I’m even bothering with this anymore, but I’ve just gotten tired of dealing with it.
So, my latency on PS4 OW Origins Edition is garbage. I have to deal with high ping on a daily basis and it’s extremely frustrating. This never happened until early 2021. After the PS5 was announced. I used to play OW on a daily basis. 2-4 hours a day. And I loved it. But I can’t because of how ridiculous my ping is. I’ve tried everything. I’ve restarted my router, I checked if my internet is good, and it is good for every other game besides OW.
Examples:
Just a few minutes ago it was peaking from 140-245. Even higher. Once I opened the game and it was 5000. Which has never happened before. What can I do? An Ethernet cable isn’t an option. I have wireless WiFi and the router is to far away from my PS4 for a cable.

Don’t use wifi for gaming.

1 Like

Hey there Tankerz

Before we continue, I must inform you that troubleshooting for console is pretty limited. The console is a closed system and doesn’t allow of the same level of troubleshooting that a PC environment would. Additionally, because your connection must go through the console network there is an extra layer to your connection that we have no ability to troubleshoot as well.

I understand a wired connection may not be feasible as a long term solution. But it is a good diagnostic step that can rule out a lot of potential causes. It is highly recommend to at least test it to see if it makes a different. Either by moving the network temporarily in range for a cable or moving the console/display in range of the network device.

Given how long you have been experiencing the issue, its likely going to be a console or local network issue, even if you only notice problems in specific applications or even just one application.

You can also try the following to see if it helps:

You can try switching your DNS settings to use a free public DNS servers instead of your ISPs Servers:

We do not have individual steps for specific modems or routers so if you need assistance accessing or updating the devices, contact the device maker/provider.

Uninstall and Reinstall the Game client on the console.

Reset the Console to factory Defaults.

Do you have the ability to try another of the same console on this network? Or can you take your console and connect to a different network? See if the issue changes at all. That can tell you if the issue is specific to the console, a network specific issue or an issue with the console network itself.

Hopefully those steps help you find and address the source of the problem.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.