Hybrid map overtime mechanics

I’ve just had a comp game on hollywood where both teams capped 3 points and the opposing team was attacking in the first overtime half they failed to get a tick and the match ended in a draw without us attacking. has it always been like that?

1 Like

Did you push the payload into Overtime to achieve your score of 3? Then did they push all the way to 3 with time remaining?

If so, they get a chance to capture 1/3 of the control point to win as you had zero time left.

At this point, your team can either draw or lose. Their team can win or draw.

3 Likes

Sepheron64 is correct. To be specific, a team needs to have 1 minute or more with the other team with absolutely no time remaining. If both teams have any amount of time remaining, or if the team with time remaining has less than a minute, both teams get to attack again.

This rule also applies to the Assault map type when it used to appear in Competitive Play, which was more common to happen.

9 Likes

I understand now thanks

1 Like

This is so crazy to me. Why on earth does the game make you play a round where you cannot win? Just give both teams one extra minute to try again.

1 Like

How do you decide which 1 post a month you’re gonna respond to?

And can we get MVP’S back so we have some semblance of communication here?

2 Likes

at least Craig appeared. hes like the only one ive seen that makes an appearance here

1 Like

This guy was WyomingMyst I think, right? We stan him

1 Like

What does “stan” mean? Is it just supporting someone? And is it specific to a person or can it be anything?

Stan: An obsessed fan

Can I get a TLDL for that 8 minute video you shared?

Here it is:

1 Like

Oops. I didn’t see that!

Sorry Somber.

1 Like

I think this feature should be changed, because if Team 1 captures Point C with plenty of time left and Team 2 is in Overtime after Point B, they might as well give up, because no matter what, even if they Capture Point C, they’ll be forced to Defend 1/3 of Point A and will get either a Loss or a Draw.

Have you really never heard the song before?

1 Like

Nope. Never. Or atleast it didn’t stick in my head if I have.

For me this whole “we stan” thing came outta nowhere. I’ve mainly seen when people will say stuff like “we do not stan his blah blah”.

Well I imagine he sees no point in answering the 99.999% of posts which are just opinions, complaining, and pointless bickering

A simple question that he can answer matter of fact-like (like this one) is where you MIGHT see him show up

In case anyone is wondering the reason why you rarely see blizz responses on here (and this was before Craig became an official blizz rep) is because it’s pretty pointless and they get little benefit from doing so…been that way for years now

1 Like

I agree but understand their reasoning… That said, imo if the difference is over a minute vs overtime then the team who got the advantage should just win- playing the extra round just to ideally get a draw isnt fun for the winners or the losers of the match.

1 Like