Huge lag spikes + disconnects in competitive

It’s been almost two weeks and this is still not fixed. I’m getting huge lags in the middle of the game (all heroes literally teleporting across the map) and then getting disconnected, as the cherry on top I can’t even reconnect, they just give me a penalty for problems on their own end.

This only happens in ow2 and there are many more people with those issues.
So is there any kind of a workaround for now or should I just stop playing comp until they fix this?

4 Likes

I have been getting the same issues as well. I randomly see heroes rubber-banding across the map sometimes and the disconnects in comp as well. It is extremely irritating as well because sometimes I would have to restart my entire client just for a chance to get back into the game. I haven’t had any workarounds so I just keep playing comp and hope that I don’t get disconnected. I have had to play as 4 & 5 stacks just so I don’t get reported or affect other players as much.
I even tried the methods in this Overwatch 2 Disconnect Forum but still I am running into these problems. I really hope this gets fixed soon…

2 Likes

good one. i’m “hoping” for over a year already. constant packetloss and latency in ow1 (and then ow2). BUT they added new servers for ow2 which work great (but every now and then you get connected to old servers and again latency/packetloss)

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.