Huge fps drop . HELP PLZ

hello everyone. my fps started droping for no reason today causing lag. the game its pretty much unplayable at this point. all my other games run well ( warzone ).
tried to scan and repair the game . uninstal and reinstal as well . nothing worked so far. anyone else having the same problem ?

3 Likes

These standard tips can help resolve most Overwatch FPS drops:

• Reset Overwatch’s Video Settings
  • Update your graphic card driver.
  • Reset your graphic card driver settings., then make sure that your Graphic Card Driver control panel is configured correctly for Overwatch. This includes setting Overwatch at Maximum Performance (not optimal power) for Power Management and making sure it set to run on the graphics card and not the motherboard chipset.
  • In drastic cases you may need to reinstall the driver and update to the most recent driver for your card. Remember to use Display Driver Uninstaller to completely clean out your old driver. Then download the most recent NVidia or AMD driver for your system.
  • There have been other threads reporting that updating your system BIOS can help with some performance issues with recent patches. Please be careful if you choose to update your BIOS and look up your motherboard’s instructions on how to do this.

Also here are advanced tips I have written in Overwatch’s Tech Support forum that maximize your FPS performance in the game.

2 Likes

Hey NumbFox, try to endure the first 2 rounds. Do the stutter go away? If yes then you are dealing with the same loading issue I struggled for the past 2 months.

2 things that fixed it for me:
Run Battle.Net in Administrator Mode
NVidia Control Panel set to “Maximum Performance” just for overwatch

1 Like

Posting here because I can’t make my own topic for some reason. I have been having an issue where when I turn my character it is very jumpy and seems like a fps drop. I usually get over 100 fps on ultra settings. I have tried turning my settings down but it doesn’t do anything to help

So here is what fixed it for me. I am running on a laptop. I did a clean install of Windows still getting the slow fps problem. My monitor I extend my display on his 1440p and my laptop is 1080p panel. So I couldn’t get fps over 25 playing on my monitor. So I decided to duplicate display instead of extend fps was a little better but still not above 35. Decided to change my secondary display to 1080p in the display settings and now I get 300fps

1 Like

What are your specs?

I run OW on my desktop:

• Intel i7-6700K @ 4ghz
  • 16GB RAM
  • SSD
  • Win 10
  • Radeon RX480
  • 144hz 32" LCD

I was getting 154 FPS when I first got my monitor. At some point, FPS started to jump between 100~154 FPS. At one point, it wouldn’t go above 135ish anymore, and the lag made it pretty much unplayable. I was researching and came across something about unstable temps and thermal paste w/ GPU. I noticed that the GPU temp was fluctuating as well, between 5~8 deg C during game play. I thought this was normal, but then I got fed up w/ the lag. Took out my vid card, took out fan, and sure enough, the stock paste had dried up quite a bit. So I cleaned it up, applied some fresh paste, and voila, back to 154 FPS stable. Hope this helps someone.

1 Like

i had the same issue using an gtx 1660 Super but what i noticed for me at least was the Nvidia drivers so i roll back to nvidia drivers to 466.47 and i get 270fps stable. When i updated to the new driver my fps dropped in all games not just ow so maybe try that dont know if that helps for you :slight_smile:

1 Like

hey i have driver 472.08 and when i try to roll back to 466.47 like u said, i cant i can only update it the roll back icon is just whited out

1 Like

You have to go get the older driver from the GPU manufacturer’s website, not rollback with the Windows utility.

massive and constant fps drops after the WW patch to fix the game crashing issue, tried everything so far
pls help

1 Like

^ I looked at your profile to see what console your on. I am on Xbox as well and after the patch on 12/21 for Xbox the game has been really laggy. It crashes back to the Home Screen as well every 30 mins or so.

Same here. Xbox One X after WW Patch Game Crash @Loadng Game… now i can play but with massive lag spikes every 2-4 sec. Network: Download 256,97 MBit/s, Upload: 42,72 Mbit/s, Paketlost: 0%, Latenz: 20ms (Ingame Roundabout 30-35 ms). NAT-Type Open, play with cable not w-lan. So my network/console is fine. I thinks its a serverproblem :confused: ( btw. reinstalled the game on external and internaldrive but same problem)

1 Like

My internet seems fine. My connection to multiplayer is good on Xbox. It’s very laggy after the patch to fix the crashing. Also once every 30 mins or so the games freezes, makes a buzzing noise and crashes back to the Home Screen. It mostly happens in competitive no limits. No other game crashes.

hey
hm i need twenty characters.
hope that’s enough. soo:
fixed for me too ty

1 Like

Make sure to also find the OW executable app and disable Full screen optimizations can help if Nvidia is trying to force changes through their application