How would you fix Paris?

Shrink the map… By a lot. It too big and frustrating to play on as a result.

Go back in time with a video of the current version, and give it to the mapmakers so they don’t make the same mistake

I like Paris.

That being said, if another route was needed to by-pass the choke, I would expect it to be a little longer, and I would suggest this lore-related option: make the new alternate route start at the door with the security camera (the one on the right, with the omnic graffity), with the exit being between the police station and the arch leading to the mansion, or maybe an exit in high ground overlooking the police parking.

I’d turn the map into a free for all 12 player death match to be honest. It’s far too large for a 6v6 game mode.

most, if not all, of OW maps are bad design. Sure, some of them are not as bad as others and some are the bottom of the barrel. If the map designer relies on choke points as a core design, then that designer needs to either be fired or go back to school to learn.

Paris really needs an overall better design. the choke wouldnt as bad if it was actually larger or the side wall made easier to get over. right now, only 4 or 5 heroes can get over the side wall. if that was made into a better opening, it wouldnt be as bad.

the walk from spawn to point a isnt as bad as any other walk such as anubis, volskaya or dumbani. however, having forward spawn areas in all maps would be a nice idea, but i highly doubt that “they” would remake a map just to add something useful in …

Do the people that like 2CP mind it?

My impression was most people myself included primarily hate it because it’s 2CP and in Overwatch 2CP just isn’t fun for many of us.

Changing it to please me more isn’t going to accomplish much because I’m still going to hate playing on it.

as i was saying the big issue (size) is unlikely to change so im fully expecting the map to still have this issue going forward…i think map design in general is fine as is…but i do think this one map is flawed…i dont “hate” it

im more curious to see if people have any genuingly good ideas on how to address it

i think all of that gets thrown completely out the window the second the defenders(A) or attackers(B) lose a player…like the game in general flows that way but on this map in particular (especially compared to other 2CP maps) you get severely punished if anyone dies cause they will not be back in the fight for well over half a minute (unless they have some good movement abilities and even then)

the only tolerable 2cp map is volskaya tbh, anubis 1st point is also okay. rest all trash.

1 Like

Reduce it’s size by ~30% and add another point of entrance to the first point.

Like how would you do that though without essentially making an entirely new map? (The size part)…They have made map changes before but it’s usually a small scale

Most other 2CP maps have 3 paths once your get through the choke- left, right, or straight ahead. Running straight ahead is faster but leaves you with little cover. For most other maps, there’s at least one option where going immediately left or right puts you indoors/behind cover, and then you can go to duel the defenders on their high ground. The other route usually lets you make your way to high ground overlooking the CP.

Paris’s version of this is supposed to be the cafe -> building with piano by the point, but it fails because you have to leave cover to progress. The police station doesn’t work either, there’s a gap with no cover and then the defenders can easily just turn to the left and fire into the small room.

I would probably fix the cafe on the left so it works more like going left on Volskaya, or going right on Anubis/Hanamura. Right now there’s no way to contest the defender’s high ground advantage, which is what makes bunker feel unbeatable.

Also, make future maps smaller. Please. Claustrophobic, fast brawls in kings row >>> wide open maps like junkertown or paris

What if they just moved up the spawn point for the defenders to closer to the front of the castle and opened up another route at the first choke like you mentioned. It would keep it a little more fair plus maybe move the attack spawn room to the police station or something like that for after point A is captured, that’s just an example of a current spot but it could be something else entirely.

Paris is fine, and a fun map. The defensive choke and highground advantages are offset by their ridiculously long hike back from spawn.

That’s what makes it so great! It tests both your patience and your resolve, qualities not as important in other modes. Many of which (like Paris) have chokes that require teamwork. Does it happen all the time? No. Does it feel good when it does? Hell yes!

Don’t tell me to swap off Widow,
Coolbreeze

1 Like

nah, i know plenty of people that enjoy 2CP maps, myself included… if anything, id like to see 3, 4 and even 5 CP maps in the future … even something a tug of war mode where you have to keep control of the points …

I wouldn’t mind another path - either through to the police station via the strange omnic art door or into that shop and green hotel overlooking the point on the left side. It’d not only help show off more of the beauty of the map, but also help with attacking/pushing.

If that doesn’t work, well, like Hanamura, I have just one recommendation: swap to a speedy distractor to try and pull the enemies from defending the choke. Sombra, Hammond, Tracer, Genji, Symmetra, Reaper…anything highly mobile/can teleport and can let at least some of the enemy team chase after them.

Well that first choke point is horrible. I’d add some side passages to the map in that area, to allow flanking. That would generally be my solution to most snip-y camp-y maps.

The real problem though isn’t the map itself - it’s the mode. Both 2CP and the Payload mode (at the start) envolve attacking one set point, a point that’s not randomly chosen from a dozen possible ones - THE point which everyone knows the location of and the routes to it, allowing if not actively promoting camping and sniping.

I think Paris and quite a few other disliked maps would be a lot batter if we had the Battlefield style capture the objectives modes which require the teams to consistently move around the map rather than sit pretty in one unapproachable space.

1 Like

First of all I don’t understand why they would add another 2cp map. Its the most hated type of map. Its also been in rotation SO MUCH like its one of the maps I get the most now.
I’d say map select

In my opinion it’s probably the best 2CP map, which is to say that it’s still trash.

As others have said, it brings all the worst aspects of 2CP into one map:

• Spawn points MILES from the action.
  • Chokes. Good lord the chokes.
  • Dead space.

I’d add a different attack route for Point A. Just anything to avoid being FORCED to funnel into that kill zone.

Move the defense Point A spawn closer, and the attack Point B spawn closer.

Honestly both points are well-designed. It’s just the map itself that is severely lacking and needs a huge rework. Until then, I refuse to play on it.

2 Likes