How would you fix Overwatch?

Remove people like this to begin with.

Reindeer Orisa skin.

Buff the lore and Moira merch pls.

Well I might still be a bit sore about ending up in low bronze last time I tried comp (season 8, I took a break after the game then) when in 7 out of 10 matches people left, and of the last three I had one “pure” 6v6 loss and two wins.

Regardless, if your internet is that unstable you should not be playing multiplayer at all. I am still convinced all those players left because Trolling.

Give us more Lore and new Event Game Modes.

I would have wanted to fight the characters with new skins in this Halloween Event and maybe in a new map too aside from Junkenstien.

1 Like

The key here is to disincentive people from gaming the SR system.

You have to allow GM’s to group with Bronzes.
You have to allow people the right to choose the lowest SR person they’ll allow on their team
You have to show people how this will affect their queue times

I’ll have to do a big write up on “The Purest Matchmaker” for Overwatch.

Expect it within a week :slight_smile:

At least you are not cataloging all blue posts across both forums and reddit, I have over 30 hours invested in that project.

Do an MMR reset so all the mercy mains and character abusers dont camp and abuse the SR system.

If I every see you out in the streets, I wanna buy you a beer!

How something like that can fix the gameplay? Xd

Remove all CC and one shot abilities. SR reset every 2 seasons. Add more main tanks and main healers. Role Queue. Add top 3 heroes played (or preferred heroes) displayed in Private Profiles. New events. Remove the ability to purchase new event skins, add challenges to complete in order to unlock event skins. Rework Mercy. Rework Bastion. ReReRework Symmetra. New game modes added to competitive mode.

Either remove arcade, of give it an actual matchmaking because my god it is terrible

Something with smurfs. See them almost every game in competitive. I don’t know why either.

You’re right, I think that is the most frustrating aspect of all of this. If the Devs even came out with a generic statement – nothing specific – and said they were even looking into it I’d be much more content knowing a solution is in the works. But worse than radio silence is the fact we can only rely on Papa Jeff’s last comment on the matter, which is that “smurfs don’t really exist.”

Not trying to flame Papa Jeff – I actually really like him and how thoughtful and careful he usually is about this game – but I don’t think the lack of response to people who have purchased the game and find quickplay & competitive to be an awful experience because of trolls and smurfs to be adequate.

Yo, this is an easy fix, just don’t play arcade?

thing is I’d like to play it, but the matchmaking is so terrible that it’s un-enjoyable
I want to enjoy it but I can’t

Well Jeff Kaplan replied to a question of mine that says they continously look for this:

Obviously we just can’t see the work in action as that would open the door for people to exploit such efforts.

1 Like

There’s literally places to find groups on here, /r/overwatch’s discord, and a built in, in-game feature that lets you find groups. You can also play with friends. If you have no friends, play 1 competitive match, do well, and people will automatically add you to their friends list. Play with those people. I honestly don’t understand how you could argue an entire game mode should be removed for everybody because YOU don’t like matchmaking and can’t be bothered to form a group.

I said remove OR fix

Thanks! Good to see there was a response, didn’t see that one, just the older one from Papa Jeff. I hope we do see some follow through from this smurf team. Or maybe just an update that they’re getting started or something.

1. Focus less on E-Sports and Cosmetics

I believe you don’t need the developer’s support for a game to have an E-Sport scene. If your game is good then it can survive solely by its community but if the developer needs to constantly push money and advertising to support it than it makes me question the legibility of your game as an E-sport.

As for cosmetics, they give incentive for you to keep playing but they don’t actually add in anything to the game itself. Plus, I think the Lootbox system actually devalues a lot of the cosmetics. Instead of gaining cosmetics by playing and improving with a character, you gain them at random which makes them feel special as it never feels like you earn due to your own efforts but rather just luck.

The focus on both E-sports and cosmetics and by extension lootboxes feels like Blizzard is viewing Overwatch less like a video game and more like a money printer.

1. rework and improve matchmaking

Compared to games such as Halo or Call of Duty, Overwatch’s matchmaking is terrible due to its random nature. Anything which gives players the tiniest bit of control would remove the frustration of having to play maps and game-types we don’t enjoy. Adding a voting system similar to Halo and COD would be the best option as it will give players more control over what they get.

1. Add more game-types

Playing the exact same three game modes over and over is getting boring. I mean we already have Capture the Flag and team deathmatch, just add those into quickplay and once there at a point where they’re balanced enough then add them into competitive.

1. Balancing

The Devs have or at least should have access to everyone’s profiles so they should know who’s overpowered and underpowered and at what ranks and levels which means they should know just how balanced everything is. Now you could say Smurfs might be an issue but I don’t believe their numbers are significant enough to greatly skewer the accuracy.

1. More communication between the developers and community, it could be something as simple as telling us every week or two what they’re focusing or planning on.