đź‘» How would you change Shadestep and Teleporter?

I would change how placement works Aka 3rd Person perspective like Doomfist’s Ult.

But what would you do instead?

1 Like

Teleporter: Instant Cast, isn’t countered by railings

Shadowstep: No voicelines or ability sound upon use

2 Likes

I like that idea, and think that it probably wouldn’t take that much effort on the devs part to try it out in their secret dev PTR. Shadowstep needs something done to it and the lifesteal sure isn’t doing blizz too many favors right now judging by the new nerf Reaper post that pops up every hour.

1 Like

3rd person would be easier, but it also needs to be quicker.

Instant cast would make that so janky looking lol, one moment nothing’s there then bam!

2 Likes

Teleporter

• Can be placed through walls and ceilings.
  • Interact radius increased.
  • 30 second Duration.
  • Idle and Construction sfx volume increased.

Placing the Teleporter through walls makes it better for moving a team through Bunker/Sniper compositions as well as providing more useful travel routes for less mobile Heroes, including Sym herself.

The Interact Radius and Duration increase makes it more consistently useful for escaping things like Graviton or Earthshatter.

Shadowstep:

• Activates/Deactivates Instantly.
  • Audible+Visual Effect showing Reaper’s direction of travel.
  • Travel time equivalent to the now removed Enter/Exit animations

Shadowstep is underwhelming in comparison to the mobility options of other Offensive Heroes. This brings it more in line with the likes of Swift Strike and Translocator.

1 Like

Teleporter needs a faster cast time, maybe more range and radius, and the ability to ignore railings.

2 Likes

Through walls? That would make the game so bad, you would never know where anyone is ever unless you used a sniper lol

Teleporter: made into an Ult again along with shield generator. (I just want to hear Junkrat’s shield generator line again)

Shadow step: Give invulnerability during use and for half a sec after you finish teleporting.

2 Likes

Or unless you heard and/or saw the giant petaled object that makes a very distinct sound whenever it is constructed.

It also still has its limited deployment range.

I would like to see Shadowstep function very similar to a Lunge so you can have an engagement ability.

Yeah okay

I don’t think you understand how powerful being able to move teams through walls would be

That would be cool and all, but how much do you want his ult damage to be reduced by, because that’s exactly what would need to be done.

“You just wait and stun him” for that to happen would be a pretty bronze level move. Any decent Reaper would wait till the team is distracted to do it and ult immediately. It’d be like a Pharah ult, but more likely to get to complete or do way more damage.

Hey now this is about how I would change the ability not balance him.

Yeah. That’s pretty fair.

Just when you look at Reaper’s ult, it seems a bit more obvious why Devs are hesitant to play with shadowstep too much. It probably requires extremely careful tuning.

They could damn well start with the clipping accuracy though. For both Symm and Reaper

Technically, it has an instant cast, but it has an activation time.

Teleporter: Cast-Instant

About as powerful as being to deny an entire field of movement by just existing, IE Widowmaker.

Your doomfist idea inspired this one. Shadowstep will pretty much function as it does now, but with some qol changes.

The cast time is significantly reduced, but not instant. (The time it takes to disappear after confirming your location). Your destination is now an X meter aura (I’m thinking 3 or 5 meters), and during the travel phase (Of maybe 1.5 seconds), you can pinpoint where within that aura you want to be placed. You’ll be free to move the moment the teleport is complete. Also cool smoke effects because Reaper.

I would have shadow step work like it does in Reaper’s cinematics where it more like a fluid sliding animation.

Because of 50% life steal I would have the distance increase come with a loud charge mechanic like Doomfist the farther you want to travel with it.

He needs a good chase tool but it needs counter play to not turn into I teleport in your face and there is nothing you can do.

I’d give Sym more turrets and more of a portal gun feature to hero 30 or 31. I’d rather give creative light bending animations for barriers or area denial to Sym with her shields nerf.

She needs help in survivability as a DPS imo

1 Like