How would a leeching Support sound?

Instead of healing outright, they apply a leaching affect every time they attack someone.
It would work like Zarya’s charge, the more charge you have, the more impact, but it slowly drains overtime.

My hero concept, Catalyst, has a sort of mini-gun that shoots chemical rounds. Each round adds let’s say 5% leeching. the more rounds connect, the higher that number goes for that specific enemy. It will manually drain over time and can be cleansed.

There are also sticky bombs that can apply burst leeching when manually detonated and an ultimate that gives teammates 80-100% leeching on all enemies.

If you don’t know what leeching is, it’s Moira and Reaper’s passive, a percentage of the damage you do is given back as health, e.g 40% means you get 40 health back for every 100 damage.

Their ultimate would be a variant of Ana’s Nano Boost and her Biotic Grenade. Catalyst throws a chemical bomb (Berserker Brew, Catastrophic Concoction, some name ideas). Any teammates inside the splash zone will get 80-100% leeching, which will stack with Reaper and Moira’s passives. It won’t damage the enemy and you have to aim where it lands, but you can self-boost and hit multiple targets. It can be intercepted, so make sure that Genji doesn’t boost his team by mistake.

3 Likes

Sounds interesting, hopefully they have a bunch of new supports and new tanks ready to go for OW2. It’s one of my biggest concerns:

Plus this should be good for DPS players since they can inadvertently heal teammates while mindlessly shooting the enemy.

Only if their primary fire sounds like someone sucking off a soggy corndog while slapping wet pancakes against a wall.

2 Likes

…What?

Get out of my comment section.

How does this support heal team mates - do they transfer the leaching effect or is there a health meter like Moira?

so are you saying an ability that has damage over time? in world of warcraft they call them DOTs. a warlock applying curses and damage over time affects, also has drain type abilities like life drain or mana drain (this is more like leaching since it drains health/mana and gives it back to the user). they could always make a warlock type hero in overwatch in the future

1 Like

I think I prefer the term ‘Lifesteal’ for this sort of thing (cough Hearthstone though it is called Leech in WoW I think??) but I think it’s a good idea. It should come alongside a much weaker, on-demand heal since all healers are certainly required to come with that, but it would work well. Anything to incentivize focus fire brings a higher skill cieling to the game and it’s likely that you’d get a lot of value out of this sort of thing, given how barriers are weaker

They apply a curse on enemies and any teammates attacking a cursed enemy get healed.

Put these two in quotes. Trust me.

1 Like

That could be interesting since you are healing while attacking, but like the other poster said this support should have some form of on demand healing for when there are no enemies around and your team mates are critical.