How unrealistic would a screenshot reporting system be?

What was misleading about it? It seems like it answered a lot of questions in the thread, mine included.

Don’t mind him. He hates my guts. He is dead set on believing actioning on reports is done without having established evidence.

3 Likes

The fact that they “can” look at the chat logs doesn’t mean they do in any normal circumstance. Nobody is disputing that they are capable of this. They simply don’t unless you try to appeal.

This has been proven to death and this guy is just being Blizzards whipping boy trying to spread lies in order to prevent people from realizing it is automated.

1 Like

I have a few people on the forums who hate me too, I understand, I get this.

I remember back on the old forums Jeff even mentioned they dedicated a lot of resources toward their staff in dealing with reports, I can’t remember the post but he did explain the process. Having an actual person check the flags was part of the process I remember.

I really wish I could remember that post, it had something to do with Torb players complaining that they were being banned, if I remember correctly.

Has it? I’ve seen speculation but no real confirmation.

Look, I have some trust issues with Wyoming myself, but honestly, his replies are well thought out and he does make more of an effort than most to give a lengthy reply by using the knowledge he has. I don’t always agree with him, but this community is lucky to have him.

In the sense that he supports fanboys to stop thinking, ignore the obvious and keep spending money like tools. He will lie at the drop of the hat if it makes Blizzard look better.

1 Like

You sound like a crazy person.

1 Like

It shouldn’t be necessary. If the devs had implemented a replay system like every decent game >20 years old has had, using the netcode for example, which could also embed data from text and voice channels, they’d be able to just replay the relevant portion of any game nearby any report received.

But no, a feature that should be considered minimum viable product in 2016 didn’t even get included.

So be it. The report system needs to stop being automated. I’d rather players didn’t have the power to ban people and that rules meant something.

1 Like

I think it would be cool if you could report a specific comment. It wouldnt help with voice chat, but if someone types something toxic or a slur you could report that comment and it could be read and deemed abusive chat much more readily. For certain words (namely slurs) it could even remain automated and you wouldnt have to deal with false reports as the system would be reading the words itself
only helps with abusive chat tho but its a change i would like to see

1 Like

We did, but, we had a signing system.

The game would let you report with a screen shot, but, you take to use the in game screen shot system. The game signed the image in its meta data.

When it was altered, we were alerted.

1 Like

Oh, this is actually really refreshing to learn. Thank you for linking that article. I’m glad Blizz is playing with machine learning and I hope they are able to implement it sometime soon. If the article is almost a year old maybe they’ve had more time to perfect it? That is, assuming they still have the resources to focus on things like that.