How to solve the smurf/booster problem

If they tell me in that game that they throw or boost people, is that not in that game? Seems reportable then to me.

Well, you usually only report for what actually happened.
Not what could happen.
If they currently aren’t doing anything, then you shouldn’t report.

It’s like when I babysit for 2 kids, and one kid hits the other because of something they did last week.
Okay, but that was last week. Right now the kid isn’t doing anything.

Also, do you have proof that they are a smurf?
Did they say so?

2 Likes

When you report someone, that report must be based on facts. Because one player is playing very well and maybe dominates all the other players, you don’t have the right to report him. It is a misconception to assume that a player is a Smurf because he plays better than other players and it gets even worse if you then assume that that player must have been a Thrower at some point.

If you regularly submit reports based on speculation, you should be banned for that. Recently I have seen more and more players calling other players to submit a report in match chat. Something like this should be punished quickly and severely.

If a player tells you that he will throw in the current match, you can report him for that.

1 Like

so someone saying they are smurfing/boosting and you see that they dont belong in that rank isnt reportable? well if it is not why did the system give me a thank you for your report screen on the people that i reported for throwing who did throw excatly?
i will tell you why. because the system is meant to be used to help the devs clean the community.
reporting someone for doing bad, for not joining team chat, for staying on same hero because they cant play other heroes or for switching heroes IS ABUSING THE REPORT SYSTEM

i dont report because they are good. i reort because it is baltant that they are by my team and what they would say if confronted. i dont tell any1 else to report with me btw

you ahve any proof to back up that words trigger the system, as im pretty sure i can say the ugliest crap in game and if no one reports me, nothing will happen.

jeff stated that smurfing isnt reportable. so, you are abusing the automated system by making reports on that.

What do the players say when you ask them something about smurfing?
So I know exactly what I would say if someone asked me if I was a smurf.
I would say that I regularly carry players into the Top500 rankings for money. :rofl:
I’m sure you understand where I’m going with this.

11 player report kinda happened to me so that i can vouch for
unfun triggers it and i dont wanna say the proof because i am disappointed in myself for it

i have stated what i mean by smurf someone who abuses the mmr system to stay at a low rank what he meant by smurf and he explained is basically a alt account which is different than what i mentioned in my thread

post that you decided not to read

someone recking your whole team with level 27 account or memes around and when confronted by everyone says something. at this point, idc what you say BECAUSE YOU LITERALLY ARE CONTRADICTING YOUR SELF WHEN YOU POSTED THE SECOND LINK.
I report them for manipulating the match makers, boosting, and/or throwing. i am not reporting for simply being good at the game.

No, I didn’t. You can report a thrower if he deliberately throws in your match. The same applies to boosters. That shouldn’t be news.
But you state in your thread that you could report a good player for throwing. Supposedly this player should have lost at some point intentionally.
But that’s speculation and should be punished.
You are spreading misinformation here, a moderator should definitely take a look at this.

1 Like

I am not reporting a good player for being a smurf. i report a smurf or booster for being one thats what i said but you decide and nitpick words for no reason to prove a point i never stated. 2 diamonds with 1 gold who was bronze last season and still plays like a bronze when he should be playing like a gold with two low level diamond players who are not playing like a diamond but more??? hmmmmmmmm what are they doing i wonder? oh yeah BOOSTING. a low level who is level 27 who is extremely high plat and stay there while have an extreme low win rate therefore not progressing hmmmmmmmmm i wonder why? OH YEAH BECAUSE HE THROWS TO STAY AT PLAT I SEE. stop nitpicking and making points that i didnt suggest. read before you talk random words. and oh yea if you flag me for offering a solution you are false reporting and should be banned oh well i guess

As long as there is no one who can follow the account thoroughly there is no way to make that happened.
There is so many ways it can go horribly wrong when it’s just an automate ban.

1 Like

Maybe it is a second account and this player may have a lot of gaming experience but not the mechanical skills to successfully play DPS. Who knows? But you want to report this player based on your speculation.

I wouldn’t know how else to interpret your thread.

So your thread doesn’t say more than “report players if they are throwing or boosting in your games”?
As i said, this is nothing new.

=> Report the players based on facts which are verifiable in your own game. :+1:
Anything else is not allowed.

i dont even understand what you said here and i wont even try with you fam.

I don’t care what you think, there’s nothing I can do about it.
But there are other players as well and hopefully nobody will fall for this nonsense.

1 Like

sure what i say is nonsense and your’s isnt. i offered something you dont wanna use it fine by me but dont be rude nitpick and make new points i never stated to create an argument. if you dont like what i said just go on your merry way

Nothing will ever be done because they are paying blizzard to basically cheat at the expense of other peoples fun.

if you report them you can get results i did.

Did you read my post?
If it’s happening in that match, then it’s something you can report for…

but not all smurfs did that, infact most smurfs you’ll meet (that are actual smurfs not just people wrongfully accused of it) are there because of the placement system by not fault of there own.

there were GM tank players players getting placed in bronze due to how bad there dps is. or gm dps players getting placed in bronze due to how bad there main tainking is

they eventually climb as the proposed rank but the placements will 90% of the time be very lenient but when they arnt…they are the single harshest thing ive ever seen.

so yes report the throwers, but dont just go around throwing reports at ppl just because you think theyre a smurf.

ive seen it many times where a team will say something like “that genji is a smurf boosting his friend” then proceed to watch that genji play exactly like the rank were currently in. having a few insane games doesnt mean that person is a smurf, every player ranging from bad to omegagodtier has good and bad games. just like how a pro can look like a bot, a bot an look like a pro.

Only by not allowing 2nd and more accounts you can stop it. Smurfs are their biggest income now, so nothing will happen.

But alternate accounts in and of themselves are not bad.
It’s how people use them that are bad.

Or because they placed low and don’t feel like climbing.
I have 2 accounts on xbox.
One is my first that I did original placement matches at level 25.
I placed around 2K and quickly fell to bronze.
I got another account and played a season with it.
I stayed at gold.
But with my other account I’m still bronze, because I don’t play much.
Am I smurfing?
I know it’s not much of a difference, but I imagine that if it can happen with me, it can happen with others with a much bigger difference in ranks.

1 Like