How to kill GOATS in 1 Step

Person: sees someone used in OWL

Person: “OMG NERFFFFFFF FFS”

It’s ironic how people are calling for nerfs to heroes who haven’t even gotten any major changes. Especially when the only major change on that hero was that the meta shifted, resulting in that hero being stronger in that meta.

Goats is dead right now so…

I got this feeling that Baptist could replace Brigitte due to the immortality shield! The only thing that Brig brings to the table for GOAT is her area of healing. To combat GOAT you need to find DPS heroes that could work.

Mei, Baptist and Bastion could work. The one thing that need to be countered is Lucio´s speed boost. And Zaraya´s bubble.

In OWL they are already running Ana to counter the healing.

If I could change any heroes to counter GOAT comp I should give Zymmetra two extra turrets so 5 instead of 3! Make Torbjorn have a slightly faster ult gain.

The reason we see mirror comps is that the teams in OWL is afraid to lose so they play safe!

you really dont know how the game works and dont understand data.
Zarya’s the only one with damage. Of course she’s important.
And pretty mich amy fight is lost when you get the first death at high levels.

the metas we’ve had so far were old dive, triple tank, quad tank, dive, double sniper, goats.
And goats became a thing after the death of doubpe sniper.

Zarya is not the meta defining hero. Being important doesnt make her meta defining.

You are crazy. You are trying to make this Hero actual trash

You might as well just delete Brigitte if you’re going to nerf her this hard. She’s already at the bottom of the pick rates for supports outside of pro play. She needs buffs if anything.

1 Like

No, the issue is you and your pals being obsessed against Brigitte.

Nice thing to be posting on an account with no playtime.

pickrates in OWL stage 1

|lucio |18.63942804 |89.25%|
|dva |17.11448912 |81.95%|
|brigitte |16.87844064 |80.82%|
|zenyatta |16.79950106 |80.44%|
|zarya |15.09348288 |72.27%|
|reinhardt |11.95133373 |57.23%|
|sombra |5.408830897 |25.90%|
|winston |4.647586955 |22.25%|

wow you have some serious victim complex. I’m not advocating for brig nerfs, i’m just saying it’s silly to deny her importance to the birth of goats.

Brig became my main healer for quite a bit

Which means D.Va and Lucio are still more meta defining than Brigitte. You keep losing the argument.

this data is sloghtly old. Dva fell and sombra rose.
Now the usual is
rein/winston
zarya
sombra
lucio
brig
zen

(not in order of pickrate).

You know what would be nice…

Some actual data…

I would love to see fight win% when character X dies first for example…

None of this…I don’t like character X nonsense…

That’s not a reason for anything

guys it’s shouldnt be this hard to understand.
I’m not saying i want brig nerfed.
i’m saying objectively brig is what led to goats.

She has (slightly, like 1% difference) because when they dont play brig they usually dontt play goats and dva is the only goats hero that truly works outside of it.

But dva is actually the first swap at high levels.

How to Massacre Brigitte in simple steps.

GOATs is an inevitable problem created due to diversity.

We don’t have anything like locked in 2-2-2, so yes, as more characters are released, you’re going to essentially get GOATs.

Then the follow up problem happens… How do you balance a character for the majority setting and the pro meta at the same time without drastic changes?

You reasonably can’t, maybe just divert the issue or fumble around trying to fix things. Just have to enforce drastic rules in place, like when we started with no limits, and they later decided, “Okay. You can’t have 2 Tracers on a team.”

Even if something magical happens like Bunker Comp is a functional thing, brings Dive back, and keeps GOATs… It’s only a matter of time till the next effective type of GOATs shows up again.

I would just give Sombra an ability to avoid heal stack for a certain amount of time. That would kill 3 supports comps, and 3 tanks will be useless as well.
Well at least I guess. I don’t know if there will be any problem with that.

Guys this is just a repost and ya’ll for it.

Heres the thing. Although Brig is the cause of GOATs, if they nerf her to the ground Dive will be meta again, and I dont think most people want to see a rehashed meta again. The nerfs they did this patch are pretty good, so lets see how it works out before gutting another hero, eh?

Brigitte herself isn’t the reason GOATs is meta right now.

It’s AoE heal stacking, damage mitigation via tank abilities, and the DPS of the tanks.

Why does everyone think it’s one thing that makes a meta?

How about wait till OWL gets the current patch to see what happens to Goats.

Wait what double sniper happened after dive almost immediately then the dragon ball meta happened then goats it was a transition