How to get people to swap off roles?

All the time I get people who instalock 4 snipers. Some of them are nice enough to swap, but I usually still get stuck with 2-3 snipers. We then get rolled because the snipers kill nothing. So I ask them to swap off because they are literally throwing the game and then they just sit there on snipers and feed. It doesn’t matter if I point out why they suck, how I’m better, why x hero is better in this situation, or how if we win or lose is entirely up to them and that they are actively choosing to lose this game. Is there any way I can convince idiots to swap or is it a lost cause?

Lost cause. If someone wants to play a certain hero, he often mutes chat and does not join voice in advance. So he does mostly not even see that you or others complain. This is why hey block communication. Further, it is not a reportable offense according to blizzard

U cant…

U can at least try to ask them just nicely… But last time i asked our Ashe to pls switch i got the answer “No b*tch suck it up” soooo…

1 Like

How is it not reportable? How stupid is Blizzard? They are blatantly throwing and ruining the game for everyone.

The report system states that if a player choses a hero it is not reportable. Reason is simple: If it would be, they would admit that some heros are balanced in a way, that they are not considered viable. As blizz would never admit that, you can not report for a hero pick. Throwing on the other hand (jumping of the map, walling of teammates, eunning into enemy waving hello) is. But as long as they do not do that, they are save

If they dont switch then you switch to dos or whatever you feel team needs, dont wait around until the game ends, you lose, and you stay regrettng you never switched

1 Like

Yeah true, but its 6 people… Im sick of playing solo support… I play it becuz we need it, but my gameplay isnt fun at all anymore… By flexing when 5 others wont…

Dont flex if you dont want. If you have a mic just say something like “im not performing as good as i should be as a healer, im switching.”

And switch. Dont expect anyone to switch off just as they shouldnt expect you to heal.

Sorry ive been in too many games where we lose and i regret not switching sooner. Id rather lose having switched, than lose having not switched, and suprisingly have had quite a few games turn around and win due to switchinf

But if I’m the only healer/tank it’s a guaranteed loss if I swap. It’s already like a 99% chance to lose with 3 DPS and 1 healer, but it’s a 100% chance if I swap to the 4th DPS. If I swap to DPS, I’m basically throwing the game and I’m no better then the people I’m complaining about.

Heres what you say to a widow,hanzo,ganji, whatever that just dies and dies to their counter.

“Cute genji. I am not able to save you from that brig at all they are WAY too aggressive. You might have to change because im having trouble helping you with it.”

Put the fault or pressure on your own performance or the enemy being really strong. It takes all the blame off genji feeding and lets him change for a reason other than hes bad.

2 Likes
3 Likes

I think you are onto something there. The real challenge will be trying to do that without acting passive-aggressive. Deep down I hate these people, but I guess I’m going to have to be a complete cuck to them. ¯\(ツ)

You stop being toxic. I’d pick the dumbest heroes in your games too just to piss you off.

1 Like

He’s just tired of trash DPS…give the guy a break. He’s just telling these players what’s required to win.

DDoS them

Stop worrying about other people and get good enough to carry yourself to ranks that play proper comps, or continue being control freak and stay stuck in gold forever