How to get more FPS

50% render scale all low settings

lol what is GPU and where do i see it

1 Like

Hit the windows key, search for and open Device Manager, and click the drop down arrow next to “Display adapters”, and it should come up

Oh, well for that its Intel® HD graphics 4000

maybe u have a “normal” laptop GPU that doesnt work bcs u diddnt installed the driver for it, when there isn a driver installed, it is not listed on device manager. Normally laptops have “stickers” near the keyboard that shows what is in this thing kinda.

1 Like

" How to get more FPS "

pls download more ram.

i think you need to upgrade your hardware xD

easiest way is normally to google the laptop model. GPU refers to what graphics card you have.

where did you find those drivers you installed? you can usually find the best drivers from the manufacturers website.

depends. Windows10 does update the most drivers with the normal update ( found that out where i was looking into some drivers for Wlan card. There could also be many reasons why your FPS is declining and one of that is, the iGPU is way too weak for that game

yes the lack of dedicated gpu probably hits the fps pretty hard but it should still be fine as long as all settings are on low. the minimum requirement for gpu is:
NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 460, ATI Radeon™ HD 4850, or Intel® HD Graphics 4400.
4400 and 4000 are very similar in terms of performance (i think they are anyway, could be wrong).
lack of ram or a slow CPU makes a bigger difference than GPU when all settings are on low.

gtx 460? i couldnt run this game over 50 % resolution and i had a gtx 525. OW went way more ressource heavy than it was on release. I see my FPS shrinking since years in that game running a 1050 4gb

Just download FPS.
It’s not a scam I swear

You are using integrated graphics which is really not designed for much performance, given the age of your laptop rules out stuff like buying an external GPU your only option is likely new hardware.

There is no simple option, especially when you take hardware into account. One option might be to look for the hidden graphics settings that are only accessible in the Overwatch folder and not in-game. I got a boost from 10 FPS to around 25 FPS using this method back when I had a super old Mac.

Again, this is an issue with very little stepping room considering the obstacles.

Download-more-fps

Jk

5-6 years is hefty outdated…

As you have a laptop its probably not going to be cheap.

Unless you have like a usb-c thunderbolt or a nvme m.2. Slot which you could use to connect to a desktop size gpu.

But i doubt your cpu will really handle more…

Less with his own speed, more likely due to heating too.

You can clean the dust = better cooling
Oc (probably not working)
Upgrade (probably not worth)
Replace, probably the best.

Maybe you can list the speccs and we could tell you how far off you are :grin:

Render % to 25
Resolution lowest possible
Everything turned low/off

But is that still playing? Torture?

the minimum requirements always surprised me as well :stuck_out_tongue: but i have seen other users looking for help in technical support section of the forum with similar specs. here are the full minimum and recommended system requirements.

but its definitely hard to get decent fps on a toaster running on the minimum specs. especially if you run low on ram and the virtual memory kicks in to use the page file on a slow hard drive.

1 Like

I have cpu issues with a overclocked i7-7700k :sweat_smile:
But i also strife for stable 160fps on 2k resolution.

The 2080ti is overkill
The i7-7700k is struggling. To keep it stabe
Would hold its own on 1080p but 1440p is a bit much.

Cpu started to become my issue after the gtx 960 was replaced, which had her limits at the cpu limits around 1080p

So if you are running a intel hd 4000
I recommend to upgrade to a decent laptop.
Last 3gen of cpu’s and the last 2 gen of gpu’s are all pretty decent and price = performance has dropped.

I recommend anything from 8th gen intel i5 or 2nd gen ryzen 3/5 for a cpu

And from Nvidia you can even go 3 gens back to the 960er series if you stay on full hd (1080p) for gpu

Unless a new device is out of question.
I don’t think i can help you, to get atleast 60 fps.

Reason beeing probably cpu and gpu age

4-6 years is enough lifetime to replace a gaming laptop without a bad feeling.

Thats the problem. Its time for a new one because OW is with 4 years pretty old. If your laptop cant run it than you should buy a new one. If its not a gaming one than its not usefull to play with anyway.

1 Like

wouldnt go for 900series of laptop gpus bcs back in that time it used the Mobile ones and that were kinda bad. Would atleast go for 10+ gen that are actually not a lot slower than the tower gpus

uh, I used Driver easy to update some drivers. Apparently the graphics card? was like, last updated in 2012 or something? I don’t exactly remember. But now it should apparently be up to date. I think after I got it my FPS actually decreased.

I provide a lot of Overwatch specific tips to improve your FPS and other performance features in this guide on the Technical Support forum:

1 Like