How to fix Symmetra 3.0

While I am usually all for revert during those hot 2.0 vs 3.0 debates, I am not as blind as some people on the forum to see that Symmetra 3.0 can easily be fixed with a few relatively small tweaks.

If anybody asks whether I want all changes at once or not - I don’t know. I am not confident in saying at what point of these change Symmetra would be fine. What I can do however is separate changes that I find optional from fixes that I think will be needed.

Optional changes will have (+) symbol next to them. “OR” means I want only one change from the two

Primary fire:

• requires work

• Ramp up time decreased from 1.33 to 1 second
    The biggest buff out there. After all those months I realized that the whole change to increase in time was what holded it back. Reverting it will make it strong enough despite being rather inconsistent in value.

OR

• Damage changed to 120 - 130 -140
    This is a way to make this weapon good and consistent at once. I understand people like the snowballing potential of her weapon, which is why I opt for first one more
  • (+) Remove weak first tick.
    Basically, Symmetra’s initial damage on touching enemy makes it deal only ~20% damage. If we managed to fix this issue while keeping the tickrate her beam would feel much more powerful.
  • (+) Increase ammo count from 70 to 100.
    Those 4 additional seconds would help her with using her max charge if not used on shield, giving her more time to use lvl 3 beam before reloading.
  • (+) Restore old visuals.
    Note I don’t want any changes in beams hitbox, a.k.a aim requirement. I just want it for nostalgia sake, just to bend a little, and to be able to pick up items again.

Secondary Fire

• I personally think it’s fine despite being one of worst ranged DPS weapons, since she is supposed to have powerful melee weapon. If no changes to weapon are given, then:

• (+) Increase projectile speed from 20 to 30 m/sec.

OR

• (+) Increase speed of small orbs by 300%
    These changes give her better range potential should her primary be insufficient in its role.

Turrets:

• They are fine. Even smallest buff will make them too oppresive for lower brackets. I would opt for reducing their power of her turrets in exchange to make Symmetra stronger on ger own, but it’s not needed.

• No changes here.

Teleporter:

• Interaction range increased by 33%
  • Maximum spawn distance between TP entrance and Symmetra reduced by 50%
    This would make escaping grav and turret bombing more consistent in reliability without crippling clearance in visuals.
  • Fixed a bug that prevents Sym from using tp despite glowing blue as though she did
  • Added small invulnerablility akin to Sombra translocator when teleporting
  • Teleporter no loger self destructs when touched by payload - is pushed away instead
  • Fixed a bug that prevents sym from placing tp when small object partly obscurs her vision
  • (+) Teleporter deploy time reduced from 2 seconds to 1.75
  • (+) Health increased by 100

Ultimate: Photon Barrier:

• is fine, but doesn’t feel like DPS ult, which is why:

• Now restores all charges on your turrets

Thoughts?

2 Likes

Actually what if her ult automatically made her beam level 3?

2 Likes

They need to make her more an anti sniper hero. (like she used be with photon barrier as an ability.)

TP can’t be given invulnerability due to being able to flicker back and forth. It’s dumb that you can die and Mercy can Rez you at the TP you supposedly didn’t make it to…But the I-frames on Translocator are powerful if you have it off CD. You can survive a lot by simply throwing it, now imagine Sym (and everyone else using TP) being granted that over and over and over…anyone using TP would be able to stall a point for quite a bit.

No shield gen? Shield, or piercing orbs? Don’t want it

I think Symmetra is actually quite powerful when used correctly and she doesn’t need any major balancing changes.