How to fix Mystery Heroes

Nah its perfect the way it is! They changed that suicidal thing to switch heroes and that was a good change. But the fun of this mode is the random comps! You can’t flip a coin and get mad if you don’t get what you want! But that’s just my opinion e.e

7 Likes

Well, it will be still mostly random. Just more balanced.

1 Like

I think broken comps are fun, but it’s not fun when one team gets a great comp while the other one can’t seem to get a break at all. I hope you do the “slightly balanced” version so we can try it out.

6 Likes

Mystery Heroes gets competitive mode where its only 1 hero per player on a Team. :slight_smile:

I’ve been there before with the challenge of a weakened comp due to 100% random generation.

A tweaked version could be a good idea. Treat the hero roster as a stack (programing logic here), where after an ally dies, their next hero is chosen from the remaining stack of heroes not currently chosen for teammates.

Should that include the hero you just perished with? I’d say so, but debate on that one.

2 Likes

Thanks Jeff, but tell that “someone”, their suggestions make me skip the mode and wait for TDM or Total Mayhem (which should be available 100% of the time)

6 Likes

I would just like to see hero stacking removed in Mystery Heroes. I don’t need the game mode to be perfectly balanced. It is an arcade mode. But some heroes are OK 1 at a time but really OP when there are 2 or 3 of them.

Thanks for responding to us! I love the game. And I love Mystery Heroes!

9 Likes

Very fair point. I picked Mystery Heroes to play in a chaotic environment however, there’s a difference between chaotic fun and one-sided slaughterfests. That’s just how I feel, I just wanted to add to the discussion is all

7 Likes

I think the problem here is that oftentimes Mystery Heroes games end up as just another session of No-Limits–which already exists. The only difference being in character choice.

I’m all for some of the innovative logic presented by the OP.

6 Likes

IMO Mystery Heroes isn’t fun because of the silly team comps themselves, the fun part is trying to get those silly team comps to work out. That being said, sometimes the enemy team gets double mercy, double shield tank, or anything really strong and we don’t really have a reliable counter, and we keep losing teamfights without killing many enemy players, and the enemy team starts to snowball because they’re getting their ults but ours are just resetting.

I think trying to balance the heroes that are spawned would be great for the mode, and maybe some way to retain ult charge through death.

5 Likes

No Limits is a low population mode for a reason. Most players don’t really care all that much for stacking.

I can understand people not wanting a system that forces a certain comp but at the very least we can afford to lose the “wackiness” of Stacking.

5 Likes

I’m actually far more concerned with the lack of Ultimate “carryover” for lack of a better term. MH is GREAT for learning new heroes and just generally having fun, but I think it reinforces bad habits of getting rid of your ultimate as soon as possible.

Problem is that I don’t really think there is a mechanic at the basic level to keep track of Ultimates and pass ult charge over to the next hero.

I’d love to hear some more detail on the feasibility of this option.

3 Likes

When the enemy team is 2 Mercys and 4 DVas… I just can’t.

3 Likes

This is something I’ve been suggesting for a while. I don’t think it needs to have some sort of balancing algorithm, maybe guarantee 1 healer at best, but a Limited Mystery Heroes that simply prevents duplicate heroes would be great and could be on rotation with regular Mystery Heroes.

1 Like

There’s a difference between “wacky” and “impossible” comps. All DPS is wacky. 3 Lucios trying to push through the Hanamura choke is impossible. So is 4 Anas playing into Reinhardt + Bastion.

3 Likes

Have not seen anyone with more time playing mystery heroes then I have (442 hours). I would prefer it to stay how it is.

Though there is an issue with getting the same hero every other death, which I have seen too often to be chance, that I would like fixed.

3 Likes

It would help if people just accepted losing in that mode (it’s random, what are you going to do?) - but oh no, gotta get those lootboxes.

6 Likes

Maybe simple rules like:

• At least one healer
  • No more than two healers
  • At least one tank
  • No more than two tanks
  • Don’t stack heroes

Don’t need to make it more complicated than that, like specific counters to specific heroes.

4 Likes

Games should never be nearly unwinnable.

6 Likes

This is too much, and it is not fun anymore. Mystery Heroes is supposed to be chaotic, not proper team comp like that. You cannot even find proper team comp in QP, why forcing it here. My suggestion: no stacking, keep ulti charge. Either of them is fine.

1 Like