How to balance Mccree

The dev team is moving around the values of everything in his kit to try to remedy his drop in pick rate, but the truth was he was fine if not a little underpowered before the fire rate nerf, so here’s what they should do instead of the dumb experimental patch changes they gave currently:

• revert the fire rate to 0.42
  • stun duration on flashbang reduced to 0.75 seconds
  • Can use roll in the air again

Theres no point to nerf his fire rate and then make him bottom tier just to buff him up back to the same power level. It makes no sense to increase hi health as he’s one of the heroes who should remain at 200 health as he’s a mid to long range hero, whereas it makes complete sense to give sym more health as she’s an up close hero so continuing down this route feels counterintuitive. Also I don’t get why the rolling the air change didn’t go through, it makes complete sense and everyone seemed to love it so just throw that in there too.

2 Likes

I think they didnt let the air roll go thro because it breaks the interaction with doomfist uppercut and hammond piledriver,as there is a bug with roll.

1 Like

Being too lazy to fix a bug is an awful reason not to help the balance of the game and how would those interactions be an different, if he’s in the air when Hammond piledrivers then he doesn’t get hit and if the doom doesnt connect with the mccree when he’s mid air then oh well

Sadly thats blizzard for ya, as fixing bugs require more resources that they don’t want to spend.

No, when uppercut/piledriver hit him and he roll after he hit them, he doesnt go up as high as it cancel his vertical momentum even if he gets hit by said abilities.

1 Like

That’s fine that gives him more survivability without artificially doing it by increasing his HP. Cause to this day I can’t think of a single reason as to why mccree would need more health than a ashe, soldier, hanzo etc. Rolling in the air gives him more flexibility and increasing his fire rate allows him to feel responsive again and nerving his flashbang is just good business cause CC is annoying and 0.8 second is a long time with 0.42 fire rate so it’s give and take.

Im okay with IF they fix that interaction and make him go as high as he should, if not than thanks no need for more bugs.

I don’t think they should revert the fire rate nerf.
That was busted, and it just held down so much of :cowboy_hat_face:s kit. It also contributed a lot to damage power creep.

I think he will be fine after these buffs he’s getting, heck maybe even a little on the strong side.

Tho I like the idea of air rolling

1 Like

whats wrong with pawg lite cree?

Damage creep is only an issue with characters that take very little skill so they continually and solely get buffs like bastion and junk when in reality they need reworks. Mccree actually takes skill so giving him a faster fire rate to not make him feel slow as molasses again is for the best. If they wanna reduce it to 0.45 that’s fine by me but 0.5 is far too slow and reducing his reload (while nice) doesn’t remedy the problem and increasing his health is just silly. And I’m glad everyone agrees cause rolling in the air is just fun

I agree bastion and junk need reworks, Tho I wouldn’t say they are the root of damage creep, since they are hardly played above gold. Mcrees old ROF was just too strong for a hero like him, especially since it had no spread and you could do flick shots. IMO it was holding mcree down a lot, I’d rather see mcree have a more consistent kit than be all about his gun.

Those are just my 2 cents tho, I can’t really change what you or the devs think.

I totally agree. I would much rather have a more powerfull mcree than a tankier one.

1 Like

McCree should be encouraged to FTH more health and reload buff help with that

Amen I don’t get the point of trying to make tanks like hog more DPS-like and DPS like mccree more tank-like. Plus if we’re giving a mid range hero like mccree more health what stops a mid range hero like soldier or ashe from getting that some bump. It’s illogical on all levels he should be squishy like all the other DPS with flexibility (ie being able to roll in the air)

Sorry but you have no idea what you are talking about. Long range hero?? He does 35 damage a shot from long range. His strongest range is short because he has his flash and right click and even at close range he is very vulnerable because he dies very easily.

Go play ashe or widow if you want to focus on mid/long range.

I am a mccree main and giving him back the high firerate is a stupid idea, he was too strong with that, this is not how you balance a hero.

Mccree’s weakness is that he has no survivability and mobility for having such a big hitbox (even his head hitbox is bigger than it is for some reason)

Giving mccree hp is the only buff he needs even if they plan to revert the roll buffs.

save yourself 30 seconds guys, this a troll post.

Mccree will be a mess as long as they refuse to fix his godawful ultimate.

2 Likes

McCree has been a bad pick for a long time. The reload buff and HP increase go a long way, but he’s still worse than Ashe.

Maybe air roll can only work when he has full aerial control again and isn’t being shot up vertically? So he’d be able to use it at/near the max height he would be at when hit by uppercut/piledriver, for example.

McCree is in between long and short range flanking. Long, like Soldier and Hanzo, have 200. Short, like Reaper and Mei, have 250. So he gets 225.

McCree isn’t that bad though

I just think the roll is lame overall (ba dum tssss). I’d like blizz to replace it with something more impactful and exciting to use.

1 Like