How to balance Brigitte: a Support with Tank utility

I’m just reading your words. I woukdn’t bring up stars in addressing a character as needing nerfs. It seems really odd to mention. Who cares if a character takes a ton lr minimal skill? It matters if he/she is broken or balanced.

You dont see a problem with someone taking hundreds of hours to master a 3 star hero, only to be face rolled by someone who just started playing a 1 star hero because she is blatantly over tuned?

Regardless… Brigitte is too strong. Just because she has been strong for so long doesn’t mean that it right. Blizz is super slow at making changes so Ill say I told you so in about a year-ish?

Are you hundred of hours in bronze or do new players pick up brig and go to say Dismond? Lol
It’s exactky as I thought it was and said: you want high skill heroes to just be outright better. Then there’s no reason to have the rest. Peace.

I mean, I’m just going to say it.

They’re using “stars” to try to justify their frustration towards her (which is completely subjective) so that they have some form of metric to level her against to try to persuade others to believe she’s broken. When that, in its entirety, is also subjective - Brigitte is statistically not that powerful since the heroes she was designed to “change the meta” by countering them are actually still more prevalent than her.

Which is ridiculous because stars mean literally nothing in this game. No one says, “Oh, welp, maybe I shouldn’t play X hero because they’re only 3 stars instead of 2!”

I dont like the SB dont go through Barrier part. Other I can take but I would rather get rid of the boop effect than make a melee skill so strange

difficulty stars are dumb, Junkrat is a hero with 2 stars

1 Like

Youve completely missed the point.

No, I got the point. I just highly disagree because your reasonings are not objective. lol.

3 Likes

Agree to disagree then. Brigitte needs a change and thats all there is too it. If you disagree with that then I disagree with you. The End

Yeah well, your subjective feelings are not a fact. Never said you had to like her - you’re definitely allowed to hate her and find her frustrating. But if you want to keep treating it as if Brigitte is objectively OP when that’s really false, expect me to call you out on it. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

If they’re truly so good at the game that they’ve mastered some of the more difficult to play heroes in the game, then why are they dying to a character who has an effective range of 6 meters? I have a pretty easy time fighting Brigitte on Tracer, who Brigitte supposedly “hard counters,” and I definitely haven’t mastered Tracer yet.

1 Like

Pretty much this.

In the highest bracket of skill in Overwatch, Tracer, Genji, Winston, D.Va…all the mobile heroes that Brigitte was touted to counter and shift the meta are picked more than her.

If she could truly instantly delete them with no counterplay or if she was truly overpowered, she wouldn’t be outclassed by them. :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Yea… go tell that to XQC and other pros who are better than you, even they still think she needs work

Isn’t he famous for being incredibly whiny and toxic?

2 Likes

Last time I checked, xQc isn’t a professional player. In fact, “unprofessional” would probably be a better word to describe him. He’s just a twitch streamer who plays Overwatch a bit. :slight_smile:

But if you really do want to talk about pro play, perhaps you should look at Brigitte’s pick rate in OWL. If she was truly overpowered, you would think she’d get picked a lot, yet Mercy and Zenyatta get picked six times more than Brigitte does. Tracer and Genji, who Brigitte supposedly counters, also get picked more than Brigitte in OWL. You would think that if she was overpowered, the pros would be playing her since that’s their livelihood.

Do you honestly think that Im just going to read your post and think… oh yea? youre right?

Youre not changing my mind.

Brigitte is too strong and needs to be changed.

I provided a valid argument, and if you’d like, I’ll go find the actual numbers that back up my argument.

Your response to my valid argument is essentially “Nuh uh! You’re wrong because I said so!”

Lol :slight_smile:

1 Like

Its not that. You can provide all the stats that you want. What I am saying is that we should agree to disagree because I have opinions about Brigitte that are not going to change just because someone else can provide counter arguments.

So what you’re really trying to say is “Nerf it into the ground because I don’t like it.”

Wowie kazowie. :slight_smile:

Dude… you’re basically saying that you acknowledge that they’re presenting an objective, factual argument, and you’re going to disregard it anyway

1 Like