How to balance Brigitte: a Support with Tank utility

Even GM Tracers and Genji’s have trouble against plat Brigs.
If she gets a 200hp kill combo then it needs an unreasonably long cooldown.
Brigitte can already be overly oppressive at times, just because of all the armor she tosses around.

4 Likes

The combo really needs Whip Shot in this build to work and its on a 8 second cooldown. You dont think 8 seconds is long enough to destroy Brig?

I think it could even sit on a 10 second cooldown if you wanted to go that far but McCree Flashbang should be on a 8 second cooldown if you were going to do that.

No, we need a Tracer counter.

3 Likes

Honestly, these “balance tweaks” would dumpster her

5 Likes

Brigitte doesn’t just counter Tracer.
Brigitte counters an entire dive team comp, spread weapons, DoT’s, weapons with high rates of fire and short ranged heroes.

She’s a really opressive hero.
Granted, she has a few nasty hard counters. But those don’t make up for how ridiculously easy Brigitte is. You can spit on anyone’s hard work and hundreds of hours of practice by picking Brigitte for the third time.

3 Likes

No they wouldn’t. They might “dumpster” her old playstyle but she would be JUST as good in other ways

She would still be good against Tracer. But lets be honest… the real problem here is that McCree is too weak and Tracer is still too strong. Tracer NEEDS shorter fall off damage to start with but thats another topic. lol

Exactly. And thats my problem with her too. Thats why I suggested the changes to remove most of her oppressiveness and keeping her viable as a support pick with minor tank utility.

Why’d you change whip shot into a less forgiving hook all this did was make brig super easy to dive

Giving her 200 hp might be a good start.
But allowing Brigitte to deal 200 damage with that stun would come with a loooooot of community backlash.

1 Like

Because stuns should always be skill shots. 100% of the time.

Also she has a boop on a 4 second cooldown like Lucio, plus she can heal herself and she has a shield

I think she will be okay.

honestly i dislike tracer if it werent for her this girl wouldve never happened and the rest of the cast wouldnt have to deal with “le easy stun made 4 tracer xddd”
i cant be the only one who thinks this.
old hog was a good counter and atleast ult battery since he was so fat and didnt have barrier, and his self heal didnt make him tanky

See, this is what is honestly amusing to me. You’re handing her 10 nerfs, some of which are very substantial, swapping her Whip Shot and Shield Bash (which is actually a nerf since it impinges upon her combo, which is really her only source of decent damage), and then giving her a few buffs which, in practice, won’t really do much for her (projectile speed buffs, for example)

There’s no “good” playstyle here that makes her not bad. Per your redesign, her healing is flat nerfed. No other way around it. She already is worst in-game healing for supports–this rework makes her even worse. So, really the only value for her is to DPS/tank, because her healing sure ain’t gonna cut it, but her ability to do either is also quite harshly nerfed. With reduced barrier HP and stun moved to Whipshot, her ability to create space via close-range threat is gone–knockback doesn’t really create any sort of threat except on very specific maps (case in point, no one cares if they get close to Lucio except on Ilios). So her tanking is pretty much out. Then, her damage–which, again, by all objective measurements is very sub-par–is also cut. So, her healing is cut, her tanking is cut, and her damage is cut. Her utility here is okay, but utility alone hardly makes a character decent–just ask Sombra, or Ana, or Symmetra. So, then, tell me: what playstyle exactly is conducive to this kind of character being useful and not just a chump pick? If we’re being honest, there isn’t one.

2 Likes

Tracer just needs a nerf. There is no way around it.

But a good chunk of them really aren’t FB is super easy to land on a target that isnt genji or tracer earthshatter can be used anytime where there isn’t a shield hook is super easy when you get the timing down or on a non mobile target dart is the only one with difficulty since if you mis your done but if your good at predicting it becomes ok

Lucio is super mobile with the option to heal constantly if needed and with a boop which doesn’t use ammo
It’s the lowest shield health in the game that’s vulnerable to aoe

She won’t be ok

1 Like

so wrong it is times 5.

how many times have your tried flashbang wuth reinhardts shatter combo and it fails so much.
brigitte stun Reinhardt shatter is so much easier to pull of without her being exposed cause she is tank.

what tilts me most is how her stun should have such a short range but she can stun nearly every ultimate.
the other day i stopped a dva bomb lunching and blocked a 1000hp ultimate with my 600hp shield for my entire team.
i stopped playing lucio, not because he is out of meta, but because i get stun in my lucio ult cast time by brigitte who suddenly pops up because she can. so i go zen and i snipe the F out of her and it is so satisfying.

sorry for the rant, brigitte tilts me so much.

1 Like

The problem with Brigitte isn’t that she’s overpowered or underpowered, the problem is that several other heroes in the game just can’t fight her at all, and they’re essentially removed from the game while she is the way she is now.

Winston, Roadhog, and Reaper are the biggest examples, and she’s pretty harsh on Genji and Symmetra too.

2 Likes

wait what? this would be a buff to her healing because should proc inspire more often.

she would still have the combo but instead of it being melee > stun > melee > boop it would be melee > boop > stun. It reduces the actual damage from 190 to 170 but that’s still enough to kill a Tracer (which is what she was intended for) and any 200 hp squishy if damage boosted or discorded (which is how it is now as well). Alternately you could also do melee > melee > boop > stun and that’s 200 damage.

EDIT: you seem to be under the mistaken impression that her damage determines how much she heals, but that isn’t the case. Inspire is a 5 second buff that is applied to all allies in a 20 meter radius and heals for a flat 16 hp/s. It procs whenever she uses her mace, regardless of how much damage she does. With the suggested changes, it would proc more often because it would proc for all her skills, not just her melee and whip shot.

1 Like

Thank you

Brigitte: Counter cancer + half of the roster with even worse cancer.

2 Likes

You have a 33% reduction in her Repair Pack healing, and a 64% reduction in the area coverage of Inspire. Also, Shield Bash is already generally used in combination with her basic attack for her combo, so it’s not like it giving her Inspire proc is really going to increase her healing output that much there. The marginal benefit of proccing Inspire more often is minute compared to the accompanying nerfs here.

Repair Pack would be slightly more useful, but if we’re being realistic, you’re basically already shaving three person-seconds off the healing on Repair Pack, and with a nearly-two-thirds reduction in coverage, that’s going to be much harder to make up. Again, this change is just a flat nerf.

One of the main benefits of Whip Shot right now is that it can follow Shield Bash and a melee, so Melee + Shield Bash + Melee can be cancelled into Whip Shot, allowing Brigitte to follow up on escaping mobile enemies. This overall increases Brigitte’s combo damage from 155 to 190. By switching the two, you lose that advantage since Shield Bash has a much more limited range. For example, you melee + boop + melee Genji. Now, he can just Dash and he’s out of range with 60 HP to spare, whereas before, you could Bash + melee + boop and still whack him, leaving only 10 HP for one of your teammates to cut off with a bullet or two.

It’ll be good against Tracer, yes, but as I stated before, however, the change makes her less useful against other dive characters that she is intended to counter, like Genji or Winston. Moreover, by increasing the damage of the four-step combo such that it kills a 200 HP hero rather than leaving them at 10 HP, it makes her even more obnoxious against immobile heroes like Symmetra or Ana since there’s less they can do to respond. Basically, the change severely cramps her ability to deal with dive heroes, but really doesn’t solve the problem of her being obnoxious against immobile squishies.

Uhhh no. At no point did I indicate I thought this, so I’m really not sure how you got that at all. Actually, too, this is probably one of the better arguments as to why the Inspire proc on Shield Bash (and Repair Pack to an extent) won’t really buff her much at all. If it were percent based, then it would since you’re handing her more damage for her to convert into HP, but because Inspire procs off one ability and is then good for another 5 seconds, there’s no real benefit to piling onto abilities that are generally used in conjunction with her primary attack. Again, yes, there will be some benefit associated with it proccing on Repair Pack, but that’s really not going to offset the otherwise large nerfs to her healing.

1 Like