How should Brig be buffed/reworked to fit 2/2/2?

Should she still counter flankers or should she be reworked have a more heal focus playstyle?

She’s not THAT bad in 2/2/2. But she is one of the few healers that can be specifically countered (by going Pharah, you can counter Zen by going Sombra). All of the other healers don’t really have hard counters and are able to be played a lot more liberally.

Probably nerf the amount armor pack heals and lower it’s cooldown?

I wanted to play a bunch of Zen today, but I had matches with Sombra on the other team. Had to go off-healer Mercy instead.

1 Like

what about:
Lower heal
Lower outheal armor
Lower cooldown
Small amount of armor instantly applies

Why would you make her total trash ? She needs buffs, not nerfs if 2-2-2 comes.

5 Likes

I vote for her still being anti-flanker. Give her higher damage on Shield Bash, closer to a proper melee attack’s worth. Maybe make Inspire something one can activate instead of it triggering entirely off melee attacks connecting.

4 Likes

She doesn’t need straight buffs if 222 comes, just a rework.
She’s a lot stronger than people believe though I think a rework would be best for brig… and the game. Did a survey and over 50% think so too.

Giver her back her full damage shield bash and put the cooldown back to 4 seconds.

4 Likes

Just let her stay where she is. There’s no room in this game for a hero with that low of a skill floor. The community as a whole would be much happier never seeing brig in game again.

I’m no expert but what about this? It isn’t perfect but you can’t blame me for trying.

Rocket Flail

• No changes

Inspire

• Radius decreased to 15m
  • Total healing increased to 120
    • Consequently, Healing per second increased to 20
    • Self-heal healing per second remains unchanged.
      • Consequently, Inspire has a longer duration for Brigitte herself.

Barrier Shield

• Hit points increased to 600

Shield Bash

• Cooldown Lowered to 6s

Whip Shot

• Movement penalty reduced to 30%

Repair Pack

• Will now trigger a mini Inspire if it reaches target ally
    • Mini Inspire does not affect Brigitte or Repair Pack target
    • Does not stack with Inspire
    • Radius is 5m
    • All other effects of Inspire apply

Rally

• Now triggers Inspire upon activation
  • Total armour granted increased to 150

Brig was one of the two already leaked heroes that are getting kit changes from the ‘Accidental’ blizzard post on the site this morning. If you follow a lot of the talk around balancing, you’ve probably heard or already have an idea what they’ll do with Brig. She’ll get perhaps a slight healing buff, a change to her armor pack(Might even change it ‘Healing Pack’) and she’ll get tuned down in terms of her self sustain and ability to run around DPSing everyone. Moira will also face this same type of change. A number of support heroes have had hybrid DPS parts to their kit that may get changed around a lot. Those were aimed specifically at being able to play them in comps/situations where you don’t have a 2/2/2 scenario. We could see ‘Support’ eventually just get changed to ‘Healer’ with very minimal dps ability. ‘But, how do I fight off the genji 1 v 1???’. That’s why it’s a Team Game, chaps.

I think that the healing pack has to be nerf but should have a lower cooldown . Moreover the area healing when she deals damage should be only for teammates (not for her) but when she puts her shield on she earns armor but doesn’t heal mates. Thereby she has to choose between healing mates and healing herself. And it’s less frustrating to play against (she won’t be healed and deal damage in the same time).

She shouldn’t. She can go away.

brig’s SB is replaced with a net shot she shoots through her shield and Cripples for 2 seconds.

They should probably increase her Shield Bash damage back, increase inspire tick rate from 16.67hps to 20hps and make Armor Pack activate Inspire for 1s. She doesn’t need that much help but she definitely needs some help

1. Make Rally a legitimate defensive ultimate.

2. Increase Inspire Duration to 10 seconds and allow all destructible objects (riptire, supercharger, turrets, etc.) to proc Inspire.

That’ll do it.

Hoooboy, well, now we know what the planned changes were going to be/are. I like a lot of this, but am still kind of annoyed that more of the anti-flanker ability on hand is evaporating with the stun duration. Still hoping for actual damage on bash instead of the tiny poke of 5 damage we have right now.