How many flags does it take to hide a post?

There was some mercy post I found on the forums that in now way breaks the CoC, but it got hidden anyways. It got hid from false flags alone. Does it only take 3 or 4 flags before it’s hidden? In addition, what’s the punishment for having a post hidden?

1 Like

I’d think it has to be at least maybe 10 or more.

And I think it marks your account for review under the mod-team, which depending on the severity can have various punishments.

Probably quite a few. I’ve seem many blatantly inflamatory posts stay up for quite a while. What was the Mercy post?

Probably asking for a revert/rework for Mercy. Those posts get a lot of hate because they’re heavily talked about :confused:

Yeah other than coming off a bit obnoxious I don’t see anything wrong with it. I haven’t read any of OP’s comments beyond that initial post, but with that many comments on the post keeping it up towards the top of the qeue for so long, even if it took 100 flags I think it could have reached it easily.

Supposedly there are penalties for false flags on the forums but I’ve never heard of anyone actually getting one.

I have actually seen posts have that notice removed, though. When the LGBT megathread was made over summer, it got that notification but it was taken off bc it didn’t break any rules. Maybe the same will happen here?

1 Like

No rules are being broke but people like to false flag anything they disagree with instead holding rational discussion or ignoring it.
¯_(ツ)_/¯

People are probably tired of seeing Mercy threads all of the time. People talk about it so much that the Mega thread was birthed and has already died, and people STILL won’t stop talking about Mercy. Even valid concerns about her current build are an annoyance when people are burnt out on mass rez posts.

Edit 2: I don’t know how to word at 2am.

Edit 1: that one specifically is pretty annoying. It implies hide and rez never happened or was blown out of proportion even though it was one of the reasons Jeff specifically stated for her changes.

1 Like

Part of it too probably comes down to subjectivity. I mean one of the categories is trolling. How do you prove or disprove if someone is “Creating threads for the sole purpose of causing unrest on the forums”?

Sometimes it is blatantly obvious. Like most Nerf X bait threads that serve nothing but stirring up salt and toxicity, which are either locked or hidden after a couple days or some.

Other, not so much.

In my experience, the accounts might be banned automatically. Of course we don’t know how this works, but from what’s happened to me when I was falsely reported and banned as a result, the case isn’t read until after you submit a ticket

1 Like

99% sure it depends on your Trust Level. I’ve seen posts from Level 0 accounts that are hidden despite not even being a minute old.

The post in question goes against a few forum rules.
So the flags it got were not false.

So Trust Level 3’s rarely have their posts hidden?