How is support SR graded?

Ive been looking everywhere, but I dont see any direct answers.
What stats are taken into account in support placements matches when grading your SR?

2 Likes

To my knowleddge, regardless of role, SR adjustments are the same for all players.

First you obviously gain or lose SR based on whether you win or lose the match. However how much you gain and lose is based on these factors

• Your personal hidden matchmaking rating versus the average hidden MMR of your opponents.
    • If your personal MMR/SR is greater than the opponents and you lose the match, you will lose more SR.
    • If your personal MMR/SR is lesser than the opponents and you lose the match, you will lose less SR.
    • If your personal MMR/SR is lesser than the opponents and you win the match, you will win more SR.
    • If your personal MMR/SR is greater than the opponents and you win the match, you will win less SR.
  • The frequency of how often you play influences how consistant your adjustments are. (I do believe this is now role-specific, but can’t confirm.)
    • The more often you play the more consistant and steady your adjustments will be. For most players in the middle ranks, this is often around 20 to 25 SR.
    • The less often you play the more inconsistant your adjustements will be and can lose greater amounts of SR when you lose.
  • How close you are to either end of the 1 to 5000 will cause you to earn or lose less.
    • The closer you are to the top of the ladder (mostly 4200 or greater), you will win less and lose more.
    • The closer you are to the bottom (mostly 800 or less), you will win more and lose less.
  • In Bronze to Platinum ranks ONLY, there is a MINOR influence to how well you perform on your heroes in comparison to other players, in other matches playing the same heroes you did. This is NOT comparing your stats to your teammates in that match.
2 Likes

Oh solid! We got a direct response from an Overwatch Tech.

Thanks for the info!

No one knows, that info has not been publicly made available. We can only guess at some of the obvious ones like healing, deaths objective time etc, but all the nitty gritty that goes into the performance system we have no way to know.

1 Like

He’s not a blizz employee but yeah what he said is all true

1 Like

As a reminder, I am a forum MVP, I am extremely knowledgable about the game, but I do not represent Blizzard Entertainment. Learn more about Forum MVPs here:

There is a huge guide, that combines all details about matchmaking here but that is not yet updated for the new Role Queue. More testing is ongoing…

2 Likes