How is Mercy not viable

correct - they have listened, and continue to listen, even despite the frequent toxic assaults upon them by the entitled anti-Mercy community

2 Likes

Moira runs out of healing juice

The point I’m making is Mercy is very consistent. Some healers might technically heal more, but they’re not as consistent as Mercy is

2 Likes

She’s viable, she just isn’t “fun” to some…

Which generally confuses me because she has a more interactive ult and a new ability…

I think this version of Mercy is the cool one

3 Likes

The only ones saying she’s not viable are those who will only accept a revert.

The others say she’s viable-but she’s viable as an enabler with no moments outside of that.

Some can find the value in her only being an enabler, therefore making her enjoyable to them to play. To them they can see the power of enabling their team to be better.

While others want to do MORE than just be an enabler. Mass Rez gave them that opportunity. Broken OP Valk gave them that opportunity. It gave them the chance to do more for the team.

Battle Mercy gives them that opportunity. However a lot feel that if DPSing in a support ult is the only way to do more for the team, then that ult can be considered contradictory to that class.

Some just want that chance to do more for the team.

And that’s just speaking with the Ult.

Some do not like how her kit flows now. Rez is jarring to use since of its mobility decrease it breaks the flow of her highly mobile play. It slows her down 75% making it feel as if she’s stopped in the middle of a fight. And to them that can take them out of the game.

Also, a few are finding it harder to damage boost since her healing nerf made it feel that she’s need to focus on healing more than boosting-because of how long it now takes for her to heal a target. Damage boost is a great part of her kit, but to some they just can no longer find the chance to use it without sacrificing the potential chance to sustain a teammate.

There’s a lot of discourse as to what’s “wrong” with Mercy. But from I can see a majority have stated she’s viable-they just want her to be more than an enabler and have her kit flow a bit better so she can use all of it without breaking her gameplay.

2 Likes

The issue is mostly how much Valkyrie covers for skill.

If you are asking for an opinion, for me, reverting Mercy before she was seen as a Must pick and OP, and then tweaking her kit from there to be balanced and allow for more counter-play, would certainly be a start. I would keep the Angel Hop & Super Jump bug from her current kit as well, since those are perhaps one of the greatest new additions to her playstyle.

For my idea of how I personally would Make Mercy more fun, and my ideas with regards to changes, feel free to check out my thread here.

That is just one suggestion however, speaking for myself. There are hundreds of others that people have suggested that aren’t just “reverting mercy”. Here’s some from the #reworkMercy movement as an example.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1DtdD1HGrZejdOyARoWQvOTzxSUlFK6zvTL4tx91hnOY/edit

And literally hundreds more suggestions made on the forums as well that include things like less drastic changes, and QOL fixes. :blush:

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/overwatch/search?q=%22mercy%20suggestion%22

~Sincerely Yours xoxo,
a Lover of True, Fair, and Fun Balance.
xavvypls
:blue_heart:

1 Like

You’ve got it backwards, her healing is lacking and people only pick her for rez and damage boost. Her healing cant heal tanks but it’s good for squishies. Anyway every forum post about her explains that shes viable. Shes just not FUN

1 Like

Ya know, in all honesty I never understood why valk was her ult… It felt so out of character. So I see the point.

Factually - I pick her for her entire kit, but of that kit, primarily for her healing - and I know of many others who do as well

not competitively viable in most GM comps because of a lack of group heals, viable everywhere else

We’re in the single one and only meta she doesn’t work in.
So they feel the need to babyrage. Can’t have the easiest hero in the game not work in a single situation.

2 Likes

Triple Tank, Beyblade, Pre-Rework Dive (to a degree) were all comps she wasn’t necessary in yet I didn’t see much for “babyrage”.

2 Likes

Un-engaging tends to happen with a character that is supposed to be barebones and accessible

Thats our problem is that she IS the easiest hero in the game. When she was actually fun to play (mass rez) people would chase you down while you zipped and weaved everywhere. Target priority was important. Now the only time people bother to touch you is when you rez cuz it’s an easy kill. She is pretty much last priority now for a kill

1 Like

If Mercy is lacking healing, why does she still have higher average healing than Ana in Master and the same in GM? (From overbuff, on pc)

Mostly the problem with Mercy is that she keeps alternating between the best main healer and the worst main healer.

A lot of Mercy players also argue she doesn’t feel “impactful”

By comparisons, Ana/Moira have huge increases and decreases in the “value” they provides.

So now that Mercy is at a bit of a low point, I figure it makes sense to give her some sort of a “big heal” ability on her R button for her staff.

For instance, 100hps for 2 seconds, with a 10sec cooldown.

Also there’s a bit of a backdrop of the meta.

Even the Mercy from June 2018 wouldn’t be a good fit for GOATs.

1 Like

Lol as mentioned earlier in the thread, ana has lower healing match per match, but the HPS when it matters far exceeds mercy

1 Like

Burst heal. Moira and Ana can out-heal damage.

(no I’m not saying Mercy should have burst heal).

Not that much more damage than Mercy. Plus Moira and Ana can’t resurrect dead teammates or have as much survivability as Mercy. Moira and Ana also have resources. They can’t heal all the time. Mercy can heal all the time.

Mercy has always been a consistent healer without burst healing. What’s the problem?

Rez is like a burst heal, up to 600hp, from the dead.

2 Likes