How is 5v5 ever going to work with 1 tank

The only role I could see as being ok at just 1 is DPS.

Getting rid of a healer means only Mercy and Moira are viable, because they do easy, reliable, massive heals.

Getting rid of a tank means only Rein, Sigma, Winston or Orisa are viable because barriers are just too useful.

7 Likes

I guess we’ll find out once OW2 releases in 3 years

24 Likes

For now i think its not even good time to give date on that even 3 years, since devs themself are probably asking the same question when trying to balance for this idea. XD

5 Likes

Tbf I’m not entirely convinced OW2 isn’t a ponzi scheme

4 Likes

I think, to make any non-shield tank viable, CC, hack, and bio-nade are gonna have to be heavily nerfed or gutted.

Stuns, hack, and anti-heal basically make D.Va, Hog, Ball, and Zarya unplayable without another tank to help peel for them. I can’t imagine going into a 5v5, Ana nades your hog, and he gets instantly shredded while the rest of your team can do virtually nothing to help him.

6 Likes

By de-emphasizing the need of barriers. Players have been too addictive to barriers they forgot to question its free values.

2 Likes

If they take three more years to grunt something out Bobby will probably send them to work in the CoD mines.

5 Likes

For that to happen they would need to increase the amount of covers like even more than what was shown on the new maps.

I also wonder what their answer will be for earth shatter since only shields can block it.

1 Like

Don’t have to worry about shatter if rein never gets ult charge cuz he’s always dead.

5 Likes

It isn’t.

It’ll just be another iteration of “let’s declare failure to be the new standard!”

True honestly I am pretty sure tanks will die even faster in Overwatch 2 since they said they wanted faster fights.

3 Likes

Firestrike, drop to 50hp by the time the animation is done. Don’t see how two firestrikes alleviates this.

6 Likes

Lower Damage and healing across the board. Its the only solution at this point. Healing and DMG are ridiculous with the current TTK.

1 Like

Thicc-er tank. Nuff said.

I don’t either unless they plan to roll out a global damage nerf, which I think they will not do since they are chasing faster games.

I guess people like faster shooter games where everyone dies in 2 seconds and respawns in 2 seconds continuing the cycle until some team wins.

2 Likes

I don’t even get why they want faster fights to begin with.
All that means is, that we spend more time respawning and walking back to point and less time fighting :weary:

6 Likes

They are chasing other successful shooter games even though Overwatch on release was a successful shooter game.

9 Likes

Also, Blizz said on livestream that the old maps are going to be reworked to have more cover if the one tank thing doesn’t work out on them, and that newer maps will have a lot of cover. I agree that Roadhog will need some kind of buff, during that live stream the team that swapped to hog looked like they were getting rekked. Maybe the breather gives everyone around Hog a longer term heals+damage reduction? Like hog get his breather in 0.5, but everyone around him gets a flat 50% damage reduction plus heals over a period of 5 seconds.

I have a clip of exactly this happening - back when Rein still had 550 hp.

streamable .com/pgm79d

That sort of burst is my biggest fear with OW2. You can’t brawl if you can’t survive momentarily dropping your defense, and from the preview they showed it seemed like the tanks spend most of their time cowering behind hard cover.

4 Likes

Tanks: Guys this seems like a bad change.

Rest of the community: Oh no!! (Sees hope of faster ques) Anyways.

5 Likes