How interesting would the OW lore be

If it took into account the patch notes.

I would like to see how they would tie in Mercy going from being able to rez 5 people instantaneously with invincibility to taking nearly 2s to maybe rez just one person.

Or better yet, how Reaper came from snatching orbs after each kill to getting that 50% lifesteal. Perhaps Moira cooked up something in the Talon lab and gave Reaper a temporary regen for his condition.

1 Like

For example, I could speculate that the Junkers’ exile from Junkertown played a influence in Roadhog’s weapon nerf since he’s not getting his material from that owner in his comic anymore and has to rely on less quality scraps. The scraps could be lighter, which could give him more mobility over time, allowing him to eventually vape while running.

Something like that.

Gameplay isn’t lore. Hanzo still has scatter arrows, Roadhog’s hook has always just been a hook, and Mercy can’t actually resurrect people.

4 Likes

unfortunate to see a necroposting with a nonsense comment.

but given the scarcity of topics in the history section, I take this opportunity for a nice anecdote: the developers have long ago commented on Bastion’s passive (added later by Day One) as a nice link to the torbjorn fatri upgrades after meeting him. hypothetically we could find it simparic to see “our” Bastion different from those seen in Honor and Glory or Uprising because Torbjorn has modified it;)

source: Overwatch Forums (in old forums: see with wayback machine and text mode)

but this logic is not valid for all cases. The developers commented that for example Hanzo’s scatter arrow (visible in Dragons but removed from the game with the storm arrow) would still exist in Hanzo’s quiver, speaking about lore. This was explained when Hanzo rework was released.

Just to talk :wink:

1 Like