How I would remake Bastion to be Tank (Inspired By Actual Tanks)

So like we seem to be doing with a couple of heroes already, I would switch Bastion’s Ult and Sentry Mode. (Armor and Health will also be reorganize, of course.)

I would then take away Bastion’s Cannon away from his ult, and replace it with the Recon weapon.

Then when he is in Tank form, grants him so bonus passives like More Reduced Damage and or let him work like a sonic arrow and see through walls.

(Bastion current Tank form, was actually a tank design that was designed to deal with other Tanks. The rework I suggested was more based on Tank Designs that dealt with Infantry then other Tanks.)

To learn more about the Tank I am basing the rework after: (WWI Tanks: Tank Mk II Heavy Tank by Simple History) ^https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSzXFQPldJg

(Design is based of Mark 2 not Mark 1.)

So instead of a Tank form capable of one-shotting squishies, we get recon form with damage resist and a smaller hitbox?

At that point you might aswell play Tracer.

Actually the “new” tank work more like Orisa’s Fortify ability but a little “Differently”. He would be harder to kill in this mode, he might not have Barriers like Orisa; but remember Bastion can Heal himself.

Bastion would basically become a Bruiser type Tank like Roadhog, (The only Bruiser currently, since RH can take Reduced DPS and Heal.)

We could change other aspects if we want to. (Didn’t really go into numbers for a reason.)

This is the one change I will not tolerate even though I want him buffed. Sentrymode is what defines him, not tankmode. That’s why you see it a ton in all of the cinematic and his main ability is sentry.

First this is a Different Bastion then the ones in Missions and Reinhardt Cinematic. (We could even call him Mark 2 with these Changes from Torb Lore wise.)

Second we would still have Sentry mode, but more as an Ult then an ability. (We could even make it while in this mode, if at full health and focused on Healing. Survive a D. Va Bomb, with enough reduced Dps, it’s possible. So this improves Sentry mode as well, it’s just has a Time limit now.)

Thirdly with more focus around Recon gun and Survival, he would end up being good counter to heroes who been dominating the meta.

Forth, four words to finally sell it: Hitscan Long Range Tank.

This is the part I don’t like.

and this. He is and always should be the highest dps, that is just his character.

and this. People are pushing this whole “don’t use sentry all the time” thing until it has started becoming “use recon almost all the time”

That’s what sentrymode is supposed to do but the spread got destroyed. BTW by longrange I don’t mean sniper, I mean at about 35 meters. That’s where sentry’s falloff starts. If he can hit something effectively at 35 meters that would be perfect for what you’re talking about without doing anything weird.

Why not replace his turret form with his ult form and reduce the damage a bit, but increase its effect against shields. Then turn its ult in a mobile gatling gun with 1000 bullets.

Look these changes are supposed to max out the protential he has, rather then staying a niche gimmick.

If he stays where he is, he will never improve because of his gimmick.

If you want stay with where he currently is, fine… These are just possibles.

Or we could do something like this:

It would have to go with something like this though:

1 Like

That’s where it kind of makes me annoyed, people always act as if it’s so “one or the other”

I don’t like your idea for many reasons, but that doesn’t mean there aren’t plenty of other large changes. I just posted one I had created a long time ago (minus the rest of the changes I had also suggested just because I was pointing out the tank change) a post above this one. You can follow those quotes into a post with a ton of changes in it that I think will help him out.

I could get behind that

1 Like

It came from this post: Bastion rework idea

Oh and I also had this idea: Ironclad and sentry rework to make him more independent
It increases the effect of ironclad based on where the damage came from. If he gets shot on the front, it’s 30-35% ironclad, if he’s shot on the top or sides it’s 25-30%, if it’s his back it’s 20-25%

That’s like a real tank, thicker armor and deflection on the front and the sides less so with the back not being super protective.

First, rename bastion into Tankstion. Second, make his ult tank mode into his main form. Third, make stat changes for the new Tankstion. Behold, the new Tank, Tankstion, with a tank model to boot that further emphasis that he is a Tank.

I rather they just buff his kit. Sentry Turret needs less spread, Recon needs less spread and shorter reload time, Tank needs less transformation time and more damage reduction.

2 Likes

Yeah, that isn’t enough of a Tank (assuming you were interested in an OW tank, not a real-world tank). There would be no use to the Recon form (assuming you even keep it) due to Tank having mobility, and the Tank form can’t actually TANK FOR ALLIES!!! That is because it is not THAT big (and ergo no real body-checking) AND he has no other tanking ability (even ROADHOG has the ability to tank through body-checking and Take a Breather)!

Honestly I thought more people would like this Suggestion… oh well.