How I would do MMR Reset

I would be glad to have a MMR Reset and most of my friends would as well

But the problem that some people would say is that master and granf masters would play with bronze and silvers

So how about this as a solution

Bronze to 3250
reset everyone in that region.

3250 to 5000
Reset that region

Therefore, no one above a certain rank should be able to play with anyone below it

I dont get it. If you reset only peple in for example 3250-5000 they will still be playing in gold games.

If you cant climb on your own, reset will not help you anyway.

See my post on golds and diamonds shouldnt play together

1 Like

This is the single most untrue statement I’ve ever read. People are stuck in their ranks because it keeps record of their previous stats so if you averaged platinum before then climb to master speed it’ll still keep you around diamond next season cause it’s averaging it. MMR reset would help those that actually improved and played for a long time.

None of this is true and we desperately need that Infowars section.

2 Likes

Try reading the How It Works article.

1 Like

Last season i won 10 games in a row on two different accounts. One is a plat hard stuck main and one new alt fairly easily put in diamond. Both with amazing stats with around 5.69 elims per life. Playing on 76 …on my main i get 24sr avg …pretty much same stats… on my alt i get 48sr avg…account is diamond.

So yes, i do believe some accounts are hard stuck because of the system

Stats don’t rank you up, wins do. Great stats help, poor stats might hurt (if under 3k) but a person still has to win their games to +SR up.
So I still have no idea why anyone thinks their old stats are why they have say a 43% win rate in gold or a 51% win rate at high plat.

The only time one might get dragged back down is if a person is playing for a set SR only. Like say a gold claws their way up to 2.9k and just parks the bus. No more comp, no more anything being they hit their goal.
Sooooooooo yeah in that case when they roll back into comp the next season the system doesn’t see a 3k+ player, it sees maybe a low or mid plat who stopped at a peak, not their 50/50 spot.

No, what you wrote is actualy untrue, system keeps stats only to show you tge stats. Its not affecting your climbing. Mmr is adjusting pretty fast.

Resetting MMR won’t help. I agree games feel terrible because you have so many different skill levels in one game but that doesn’t mean their MMR is incorrect. I believe it’s designed that way to balance 50/50 games by mixing good and bad players.

I wonder if this is ever been tested?
I also have a very high level(plat border) account and a newer account.
Climbing on the new account goes a lot easier.

It can be very easily been tested:
if you have a gold border or higher account but are in a low rank , where your average +SR for a win is about 25.
And you have a friend who is master or higher let him play on your account for a while.(if possible let the account cool down for a few days without playing on it) Test how many games it takes for him to get like +40 / +60SR .
Please let us know your findings.

(sharing an account is not against TOS it seems, so you cant get banned for boosting for this (as long you dont pay for it). I would usually be against boosting/sharing accounts, but i would love to see the result of this test.)