How I believe the Matchmaker works

Care to elaborate? Placements are not just matches with hidden SR

Not in my case. I’m a <200SR player and I get matched vs. silver & gold all the time.

1 Like

In which case mmr and sr do not match, as if they move at the same pace then placements would be just hidden SR matches. Good to see you’ve come around.

How do you get this anywhere from my statement? Your MMR is more volatile during Placements, there are chances for bigger change based upon your performance.

Citation needed for volatility? You just agreed mmr can move more than SR, and that placements put SR to your mmr after completed. This isn’t special to placements, it’s just the SR movement limitation removed.

I said your MMR is more volatile, as in during placements. Your MMR will reflect this. Your SR moves along with your MMR, and the way you lost SR without MMR is by either leaving matches, or decaying.

Citation? If you’re going purely by observation then my model still fits better.

I could say the same, it’s a matter of opinion there not fact. You don’t have any facts to backup your own, so don’t try to call me out on them.

Except I never claimed my model as fact, only that it explains a lot. As it fits all the time, not some of the time, it is more likely.

I’d argue mine fits, seeing from my experiences. I can’t see yours as often as you, and the opposite applies

At this point your model is “sr matches mmr in movement, except when it doesn’t.”

Can’t argue against such a crafted model with impeccable consistency.

How do you explain the steamroll stomps that everyone experiences. If the system worked then by far the majority of games would be very close with only small mistakes/underperformance deciding the final outcome.
It’s because you can have people around the same Sr but wildly different mmr (through bad players getting soft boosted and good players getting soft de ranked) and the matchmaker is pulling weird shenanigans to make a “fair” match.

Either because of people who don’t belong in that rank or one team communicating better than the other or smurfs

Smurfs excuse is bs, 1% of the playerbase is masters, who could possibly, noticeably and with ease solo carry. The idea that they are in everyone’s games smurfing is very improbable.

1 Like

It’s not how it works at all.

It uses the hidden MMR. We don’t know what our hidden MMR even is.

It tries to make even teams by balancing out the full team’s MMR.

So, if you’re the highest MMR in the match, you’ll see the lowest MMR teammate.

1 Like

I dont think there is a hidden MMR there is nothing hiden in a video game its a program and if it existed blizzard should have called it the hiden MMR and tell us how it really works did blizzard did this? instead of letting players searching for theories all the way for something that blizzard knows for sure it doesnt exist and instead for telling the harsh truth that the system is simply biased that will be a hard hit for blizzard but who knows keeping it a mystery works well for blizzard instead of telling the truth or give decent and full explanation with no unaswered question were players… come with theories… if its not told by a formal source of blizzard then it never existed in the first place in video games i believe what i see and i didnt find a solid proof coming from BLIZZARD official source not the players about the unsaid things in matchmaking if they got an answer they will probably gave it and for a long time ago they are only saying everything but not everything thats only my point of view like others

There are going to be exceptions… It is known that your MMR stays the same when you decay, and from reasonable experience, your MMR isn’t affected by leaving. Your SR adjusts much faster in these scenarios

Going off of the last know percentage we have, masters is 3% and GM is 1%. Though it’s pretty hard for a masters or GM to be below diamond due to PBSR and having to put much more effort into losing to stay low.

Yes mate this actually how it works :slight_smile: lots of people seem to not get it thou, which is sad. Things even out towards masters/GM when people in general are actually just that good. Kinda dumb when the MM starts “balancing” top 500 games by putting fresh GMs or Masters on their teams thou. For sure playing well inflates your MMR, but obviously winning streaks is the biggest perpetrator, this is generally why lots of people feel like by just getting a few wins together they are supposed to according to the game ment to “carry” their team. Losing streaks does on the contrary not decay your MMR as fast in my experience, especially if you are playing well. Your MMR does not drop nearly as fast as your SR and you will always find yourself several hundred MMR point higher than your SR effectively making you the highest MMR player in your SR bracket further accelerating a losing streak until stabilization.

So if you actually are on a losing streak get on a DPS that smurfs play a lot(really inflated statics for the “average” stats MMR performance BS systen) and play like bad, I mean like rly feed and poof you’ll get decent teammates in no time again.

For the discussion of “mmr changes in line with sr, the two are interchangable, just sr is a simplified version of mmr” there are two factors we need to ignore:

1. decay, as this is a unique exception by design
  2. leaving/disconnects, as this works in line with decay

The discussion has to be made assuming the player has already matching mmr/sr, otherwise it cannot even begin. Those two examples are outside that starting point so are moot.

You are claiming, that on a win or a loss, from starting matching mmr/sr that the player will continue to match mmr/sr. With the limitation of placements, for no discernable or cited reason, other than that your model does not hold during that time.

I feel this is going to devolve into semantics, which will be completely silly.