How does SR work?

I’ve been playing overwatch for about 2 years and since I’m not diamond and up I would like to know how Sr works and how much I get for winning/ losing. I hate it because I can carry my team then lose and get 30 Sr down for no reason

Not even Blizzard knows how does that works how it seems lel

1 Like

“Works” is a pretty generous way to put it. I’ve come across players with ranks much higher than mine who don’t have a clue what they’re doing (trickling, adventuring, refusing to use their ultimate until the actual worst time, etc.) and I’m stuck in lower ranks because the queue doesn’t want to let me have reliable teammates. I had an 80% win rate in season 8 as Reinhardt for a while just because people stayed with me and on the right side of the barrier. After that, trickle queues for six days straight and absolutely no wins at all.

Further, I’ve met several support or tank mains who own more than one account and genuinely try their best on both, but one will be in grandmaster and the other will be in platinum or something. You essentially need to be a wildly capable DPS player and extreme team-negligence is generally the easiest way to do it. As a result, most DPS players care a hell of a lot more about getting kills than helping the team (which are not the same concepts!).

1 Like

I had a SR of 2178 for most of season 12. Won some lost some and sr stayed the same. Then i lost 15 in a row all of a sudden for all different reasons: players leaving, ignorant players not wanting to play right comp, playing agaisnst 6 stacks when our team is solo…and now my sr is 1972. I then won 1 match and my sr went up by 5 sr…i really dunno how this rating works and its kinda frustrating cos there are so many factors in play but it seems that the algorythm doesnt take most of these into account. What am i doing wrong to lose so much sr when i lose and gain almost nothing when i win? I dont get it…

Man I always wanted to learn necromancy, would you tell me where to enlist?