How does SR lose/gain work?

Had a game, did average had some silvers and was on fire, lost 15 SR. Just had a game where I wasn’t on fire cause kept dying, but I had all the golds and went from 1612 to 1588?

(I get medals don’t mean you’re being a good team player, but as a way to gauge how I was doing. We only had one good healer and no idea what our zen was doing lol)

It doesn’t.

20 characters

According to most forum posts, it doesn’t work

lol they may be right. Lost another one, then won one and am back to 1609??? And it was an average win??? I’m prolly just over thinking it but lost 100 SR tonight due to people throwing/leaving so I was trying to figure out how many wins I would need, but it’s not consistent.

You need to outperform to get 25 SR (Meaning all gold metals, and not many deaths)

To gain less SR all you need to do is win, and not perform well.

In my experience, the average SR gain is around 23-24 dependent on team SR. Depending on performance, can gain or lose more or less. You shouldn’t really worry about it though. Just play and you will either go up or down if you deserve to.

1 Like

If you win it’s 15-20, if you lose it’s 35-40 :slight_smile: working as intended!

Personally, I’m fine with how the PBSR works. Probably 90% of my games will result in +/- somewhere between 21-27 SR. I’d have to play out of my mind to get 30+ and don’t think I’ve ever lost that much in a game recently. It may be different if you’re relatively new to comp.

No one knows. Blizzard is not forthcoming with information. Everything you will read on any forum is pure conjecture. All we really know is that it is needlessly complex.