How does rank decay work?

So how does rank decay work, does anyone know? Trying to figure it out cuz apparently i got on just now to see my role in plat has dropped about 20 SR and i havent played it in like 2-3 weeks. Im sure i didnt play on it, i have been fooling around on tank.

The only other explanation i can gather from this is i got suspended for leaving a match (which was bs, i just left the game a second before it was over and got suspended, but this was on tank so idk) i also queue up as support by accident and tried to cancel matchmaking 3 times before it put me in a skirmish anyway and i left.

Besides those 2 possibilities, i wanna know how this works cuz it seemed to like drop 20 overnight cuz yesterday it wasnt like that.

There is no such thing as rank decay in your elo.

1 Like

Ok cool so i just magically lost 20 SR

No you didnt. You remember it wrong, someone else who you gave your password played there. Or one of the games you played was negated as games with catched cheaters dont count towards sr now.

There is no different possibilty.

1 Like

There’s no rank decay in any rank anymore, so the only reasonable explanation is that you miscounted or forgot you lost one game before logging off.

3 Likes

Are you sure? I thought they still have it in top500.

It’s not magic you lose 50SR on the role you are playing and 10SR on your other roles when you leave a game. You must have left two games.

1 Like

What? Source for this change? Or any proof its like this now?

I don’t have an official post I just have read others complaining about it here on the forums.

Can you link their topics?

I can’t keep track of every post I read but it was similar to this asking how they lost SR on roles they didn’t play.

Read How Competitive Matchmaking and Rating Works (Season 18) and references. The change in question (rank decay is gone) is referenced in the changes for season 18 section, and here is the original source: Seagull & Jeff Kaplan: NEW Hero Confirmed! - YouTube

If you DC, you lose 50 on your active role and 10 on the other roles. You must have disconnected twice. For Xion: There is no orange post here, people have observed the behavior.

Wow so you lose 10 SR on other roles too? I gotta keep that in mind, the next time i leave a second before the defeat thing pops up after a game. Either way i won it all back like 23 SR so im higher than i was before

Hm, ok thx for info. I didnt notice that as i didnt leave once since role q started :slight_smile:

1 Like

I can confirm that you lose 10SR on the other two roles in addition to the 50SR you lose on the role you are playing if you leave a game.
I don’t have an official post but it has happened to me and I have read plenty of posts on the forums about the same thing.

Also SR decay has been disabled for season 18, for all ranks.

I wasnt aware of splashing happening on other roles as a result of leaving. Sorta BS i tanked 20 SR for leaving games like a second earlier than the defeat thing. Saw the timer running down and my team just spawned so i knew the game was done but i guess that counted as a leave. I assumed decay was what could have happened since losing SR on a role i didnt play (was trying to end the season that way) so i know for sure i didnt play a game

Don’t be so quick to leave the game at the end, if you see lots of red text when you click leave game, you know it’s too early.
What I usually do on those kind of games is just click LEAVE GAME but not confirm it until the red text disappears (it disappears automatically the moment the DEFEAT screen comes up)

2 Likes