How do you use HTML in the Overwatch forums?

Do you just type the tags in the web editor or do you use Brackets or some other IDE and then just paste the text in the forums (with a few adjustments of course)?

This thread sums up everything perfectly, in my opinion:

It is also pinned to the top few posts if you need to find it again!

2 Likes

Do you mean it as in “what way do you prefer”? I just do it in the textbox whenever I need to. Though usually I never have to use more than just the basic markdown-styled formatting.

I meant it in “What way do you prefer?”.
I was typing a long reply yesterday and since I’m used to Brackets closing the tags for me I found it weird and inefficient to have to type out all the tags myself.
After a while I got used to it, so I got curious and asked what other people do.

ah gotcha. most of the time when formatting I use the textbox. But when something gets really long I copy over to vscode and just work there. Not really for the syntax or closing tags or anything, just because it’s the only editor I keep on my hotbar :laughing:

Though it is nice that it has a live markdown renderer and can understand html. Looks pretty close to what it will on the forums, with a bit of imagination.

I just do it in the textbox on the forum page. Being able to see the result in real-time makes everything easier.