How do you play echo?

She’s kinda bad, slightly bit better than Mei & Sombra which are throw picks, but way less powerful than Pharah & Genji are

You do realize you can not get elims every second and still provide value to your team even as a dps right?

I love how everyone was complaining about her a few months ago and now people are saying she’s one of the worst heroes lmao :joy:

She is loud when walking? I thought she was still silent because she is floating, like Zen

I fell into bronze learning her on console. I don’t kno about PC but on console you have to rebind your buttons so the abilities are easier to use.

At first I thought she was fun to play but too difficult to get value from. However now after 26hrs I’ve got the hang of the basics and she is really good. She is incredibly versatile both in playstyle and in terms of her ultimate and fits into all team comps.

You can either hover around, poke the enemy from distance and help people on your team finish off enemies that are out of position or you can flank and assassinate enemy supports on your own. Her movement is so good that you can get back to your team a bit like Doomfist if things go wrong. Also her burst damage is incredibly powerful and one of the best in the game. I now output more damage with her than with Torb which is insane considering his turret and molten core.

There is no other hero like her and I think that is why she is not very popular. Also learning her can be difficult due to the hitscan. Personally, I’m not a DPS player (other than Torb and Sym in the old days before role queue) so I didn’t mind learning Echo from scratch. It also helps that I don’t have a better hero to switch to as it has forced me to learn more and adapt. In contrast people that are already proficient with the other flankers and hitscan will have little incentive to learn her other than out of curiosity but this does not mean she is bad. She is actually very good.

Flanking is hard with her when her hover is so dmn loud

Echo isn’t the worst hero in the game.

Reaper and Bastion are 100% worse. Sombra and Symmetra maybe. She’s definitely in the top 5 worst heroes though.

there are 2 things to keep in mind.
when it comes to projectiles they are easier to hit the closer you are to a target (to a degree) the range of her laser is a good indication of how far away you want to be generally to go for kills.

and just because you can fly and float doesn’t mean you have to do it constantly, use it more like an escape or to use it as a way to reach flank paths if you’re getting shot out of the sky constantly.

in summary, be closer if you wish to kill, don’t over use your escape ability.
give it a shot and see if it makes more sense to you now.

i’m just basing this off of guesses just looking at her kit as i’ve played next to no hours on her.

There are a bunch of heroes below Echo. Take Symmetra, Sombra and Bastion for example. I’ve started picking up Echo about a month ago and I usually play her as a flank. In my case I kind of play like Sombra-Doom.

I get behind them and poke so they’re taking damage from behind and in front. If possible, I’ll sweep in for a kill and dive on the backline.

Tip: The moment you start Flight, cancelling it will keep part of its momentum, it is not as insane as before however its useful when you try to get behind them. Glide combined with it allows you to reach places faster though you pay with vertical mobility,

Trial by fire I guess.
Only then you will figure out the holes in their defense for you to swoop in.

It is a really high skill cap hero, but at the same time, she is a slightly better phara, so do not expect to much of her. It comes down to a lot of team effort like, a mercy is a must etc. but with how hot scans work in this game she really is not all that strong beyond her ultimate, predictably so I might say, with hero rotations finally gone and artificial scenarios made to make her look good gone, I believe she is in a state of not strong but not to weak either. Decent. The perception of her being overpowered is certainly no more as it should be.