How do you personal message someone?

There’s supposed to be a system for it on the forums (provided you’re trusted enough) but there’s no indication how to do it and none of the profile things for other users have an option for it.

1 Like

I don’t see an option for it either.

Yeah, I never saw an option to do that.

I ACTUALLY WOULD LIKE TO KNOW HOW THIS TRUST SYSTEM WORKS. A FAQ WOULD BE NICE BLIZZ

5 Likes

This may help. (Post must be 20 characters? But that’s like a hundred characters already :P)

Gonna read them.

Thanks.

Oh also they said that we may see some of the new features by the end of the month so maybe that.

I am personally glad people are unable to send personal messages

It would get so boring having to sort through page after page of hate-mail.

Well, I mean I guess I could try being a nicer person, but where is the fun in that?

1 Like

Well, it’s supposed to be on the forums and as WhiteRabbit said, it may be added in the future. I think there’s still flag them for hatemail and I think if there’s enough it’ll count against their trust level.

I would agree. Plus there are a lot of things that you would want to use PMs for, like for things requiring personal information.

1 Like

I’m confused how anyone has higher than a trust level of 0. Even if they have participated far less than others.

I would actually like an option to friend someone on the forums, and have them show up on my friend list within the game if they accept (basically have a send friend request option in users’ profile). That way I can use the battle net social to chat or send messages instead.

4 Likes

Oooh, that would be a great feature. Being able to follow a person instead of a topic would be great too.

1 Like

That could be nice. Although I think there would have to be proper alert settings if they introduce follow setting. Cuz I wouldn’t want to be getting a bunch of alerts and “unread” messages stacking up every time a person I follow leaves a comment… Or I guess they can add another tab for “Followers” or something, where they display all the topics/posts from people you follow on one page like a social media news feed… But more than anything, I really just want a nice way to meet people who I can play comp with and a easy quick way to connect with them through the forum without having to search for their battletag and sending friend request in the game… maybe like Destiny 2 forum (find fireteam feature), I donno??

You can simply take someone’s battletag from their career profile URL then add -> send them a message in your Battlenet app?

That involves talking about it on a thread filling up that thread with personal stuff that doesn’t involve the actual thread.

That’s my point tho. I’m lazy and don’t want to add by opening battlenet app again. Cuz I’ll be looking through the forum away to find players, so I think it could be much for convenient if you could just add friend directly from forum… I could be asking for too much ^^;; …