How do you like the Brigitte nerf?

She’s effectively received a 2s CD nerf since her release though. It just happened with two different 1s increases.

I like the nerf tbh, 7 seconds is enough to keep her as dive counter, most dps has pretty good range after patch goes live anyway

These changes overall feel massively targeted towards Snipers. Widow and Hanzo are both getting solid survivability nerfs with Leap and Hook’s CD increases, they’re getting their synergies in Mercy and Zarya nerfed, and Diving Snipers is going to be far more appealing with a Nano to back you up as Winston.

“More of an escape?” At that CD on all her abilities, you mean a “100% guaranteed escape every time.” No. You get enough free passes.

2 Likes

Lol “free passes” not exactly.

You ever wonder why deflect is on par with hook cooldown wise? It’s so Genji doesnt get his behind handed to him every hog engagement.

SS and Shield Bash being on par with each other will lead to a more fair battle.

When did blizzard say they are nerfing Hanzo and widow?

It could be on a 20s cooldown and i wouldn’t raise an eyebrow.
I don’t want heroes like Brigitte to be as strong as she is for such little effort.

Luckily though, i’m not in charge.

I’m getting the sense from this and other posts you’ve made, that you’re just a Genji main who doesn’t like (or understand) the concept of a hard counter.

A dime a dozen.

2 Likes

A hard counter has a strong advantage against the enemy, but has room to be out-played.

Brigitte is beyond a hard counter, I dont hate her because I main Genji, all my friends and myself hate her because of her low skill floor and ceiling.

It will make no difference to her or the characters she counters. It’s pretty rare for her to have to ‘double bash’ anyone she is fighting unless she tries to take on Hog.

So, unless the enemy is just throwing body after body at her in a kamikaze attack, she will always have bash ready for when she needs it.

Latest PTR. Check the patchnotes. Grapple CD is 8 > 10 while Lunge went 4 > 5.

1 Like

It’s really not going to effect her imo. She’s already not played in every game so she’s clearly not OP, just annyoing. I don’t see this changing her too much because Brigette is still effective at 1v1s, provides a good chuck of armor and is good when paired with tanks like Reinhardt.

1 Like

Good abilities isnt enough for countering dive. Roadhog proves it so 8 is too long

1 Like

Definitely not enough. This “nerf” is not going to make much of a difference if any about how well Brid unbalances this game overall.

1 Like

Too early to tell. People here don’t seem to realize how much of her kit hinges on shield bash. It’s a stun, it’s a movement ability, it’s a burst damage dealer and indirectly it’s a healing ability too. Overnerfing it will ruin the character. Bliz doing the right thing changing it incrementally. One more second might balance things out. 8s is probably too much. You don’t want the character to feel static. If this isn’t enough, they should probably tone down her self-healing a bit.

2 Likes

Something tells me you’ve never been on the receiving end on A LOT of hard counters. What you’re specifically referring to is soft counters, a hero who has an advantage over the other, but can be outplayed.

Prime examples of hard coutners are:

1. Winston vs Sym
  2. Pharah vs Sym
  3. Mei vs Sym
  4. Bastion vs Winston
  5. Pharah vs Junkrat.

A simple explanation in all that is that the former WILL always have the advantage and its almost impossible to fight against them. You cant use Sym and fight against Pharah as she has the range and damage to kill Sym while Sym cant even lay a finger on her, which the same applies to Mei vs D.va. Try engaging Mei as D.va and she will always freeze you and leave you VERY open to her team for fire. Same goes for Winston, Bastion will always shred ANY barrier heroes, espcially Winstons.

1 Like

It’s not going to be enough, but the other changes in everyone else + Wball being added into the game might be enough changes it doesn’t really mater.

Her ULT should require decent ult econ play, like other heroes. So it’s still pretty lame it has no decay. Her stun should also be more in line with McCree at .6 or .7 (or whatever his is right now) and not 1 second. That’s just too long and allows too much leeway to her and team actions.

I also think her shield health should be a bit lower but as I said before, with Wball on the way as a true hitscan tank and other DPS having less drop off her shield sounds like less of an issue now.

mostly I just find it really annoying that the balance team launched Brigitte in such a busted state at the start. Even on the PTR it was clear her stun was stifling team play. Yet they did nothing, then launch, did next to nothing. Then a tiny +1 second patch that clearly did nothing even as players kept saying the stun was too spammy with too little (to no) counter play.
So now get +1 more second. I mean get your act together balance team, this was clearly needed before she even launched.

If you look at the +2 second added as a percentage of increase vs her launch state it’s a massive change. It’s truly disgusting it took an entire season to make it happen.

Shieldbash’s interactions are not consistent with other abilities. It has a significantly shorter cooldown than flashbang, while also being more reliable. Or if we were to compare it to Rocket punch, another ability that both stuns and deals a burst of damage, she isn’t stunned when interacting with Rocket Punch or Charge, whereas Reinhadrt and Doomfist both are.

So you could see it as a consequence-free flashbang/Rocketpunch, albeit wth higher damage than flashbang and lower than Rocket Punch (but it’s also instant).

I think 7 seconds is perfect, I say it’s perfect because it’s what I always said her CD for SB should be at and I’m always right.

I never had beef with her in combat capability personally, I just play around her, but it’s pretty damn easy to acknowledge that having such a strong stun (1s uptime) on such a short CD is stupid. 7s is the perfect sweetspot between thoughtless use and having to have 900 IQ timing.