How do you guys think about Mei?

How do you think about Mei?
A) She need to be removed.
B) She is very unbalanced and need to be nerf.
C) I think she is still fine, I enjoy being blocked and being freeze.
D) She need a buff ! I am a new player and I love Mei so Much.

My answer is A

2 Likes

My answer is C or D… She’s not as frustrating to deal with as people say.

Just my opinion and experience though…

I’m not a new player, but I see why she is necessary. I also see why she is hated…

So you enjoy being torture ?

She’s only a real problem for tanks, it becomes exponentially worse when the team doesnt adjust to deal with her.

3 Likes

No… I just am skilled enough to outplay Mei players at my rank (plat/plat/plat) each hero class has at least one hero who hard counters her.

3 Likes

Like what heroes ? Example pls

Tank: Zarya. Hog as well but it requires a lot more skill since he teeters between carry or feed…

DPS: basically everyone… :face_with_raised_eyebrow: notably McCree, Hanzo, Ashe, Pharah, junk, etc…

Support: if you’re support and engaging in full on 1v1 with Mei you probably have bigger issues.

LĂşcio can hoop Mei out of range easy. Ana can make huge plays against Mei.

3 Likes

Most Mei players are really predictable and don’t think ahead.

What makes her so dangerous at high ELOs is her ability to totally screw the enemy with good wall placement. And just generally be in the best spot to disrupt the enemy teams win condition.

At anything below Diamond no one thinks about win conditions, so Mei is instead just going to do roughly the same thing over and over. Which is dunking on players that are out of position and not paying attention to walking into the same wall trap for the fifth time.

I feel like this makes her easy enough to deal with as most long range dps and I also think baiting her cooldowns is easy as a brawler like reaper, because she didn’t really have a plan for how she was going to use her cooldowns before the encounter started.

So yeah… not scared of Mei at all. But also not at an ELO where clever Meis live.

3 Likes

Zarya, Hog. Mei can turn herself into an ice cream like a coward so people have brust damage like everyone you said can’t kill her easily.

I agree with this. The only time Mei is oppressive is when someone plays her correctly. Like “Genji dragon blade,” you can’t just play Mei and exist (well you can but you’ll feed).

Okay dude… Maybe you just need practice then.

How are you diamond for support and still complaining about it…? Kinda suspicious.

1 Like

Common heroes like Hammond, Doomfist, Genji, Rein, Lucio can’t do their job if there is a Mei.

Sooooooo… Counter pick? Play Overwatch as it’s required to be played?

GARGANTUAN QUESTION MARK…

Rien vs Mei is hardly an easy clap. It’s pretty balanced honestly. Rien does a lot of damage and if played correctly can put up a very even match.

1 Like

I agree that Rein can’t do his job against a competent Mei… but I’m a very subpar Rein a and I don’t have an issue with the Mei players I run into on ladder.

As for Genji, it’s sort of the opposite. In low ranks she’s considered a hard counter to him, and at high ranks she’s easy enough to play around (… well when Genji is playable at high ranks anyway).

1 Like

C)
And I think you should start playing different heroes thats not mercy or moira.

2 Likes

She need buff, they overnerfed her honestly.

4 Likes

Concurred…

Like, the nerfs were intended to prevent her from being an ultra hero.

They put her in a very precarious position.

3 Likes

I think the nerfs were unnecessary and should be reverted, heroes like Genji should NOT be able to bully Mei and escape with it that easily

4 Likes

When rein push in Mei can ice wall and separate Rein and his team, Rein will be killed. If Rein tried to kill Mei in close range she can turn into ice cream again.

Man, this looks like a reasonable questionnaire.

How about E) I think she needs a buff, and I am NOT a new player… but, moving her to tank as part of that is likely the best answer.

2 Likes