How do you get OWL points from youtube?

How do points work this season? Can I watch on overwatchleague.com or do I have to be on youtube? and if so, how do I link my youtube?

Can’t atm, but they working on it

1 Like

I heard you have to link your battlenet to google, but that might not be true

How are the gonna start the season and not have rewards ready…amateurs.

They gave plenty of notice (qnd I’m pretty sure are basically spamming live chat every 5 or 10 minutes) that they are not giving out owl coins as rewards atm

Tokens cannot be earned at this time. They are working on it but there is no timetable. If you want the Brigitte Skin you will need to purchase tokens if you don’t have leftovers from the 2019 season.

Additional information and full details here:

1 Like

Well, no need to watch, i’ll just wait for the announcement

For now, you don’t. If and when incentivised viewing is back then the viewing figures will increase, I’m fairly certain. Whether they increase to their typical average is another question though.

ofc they’re “working on it”, lol.

They want you to open up your wallet.
Now go be a good whale and spend your cash.

1 Like

Yeah I also call BS on this. YouTube already has a drop system for Fortnite, so it should be easy for them to enable drops for the Overwatch League aswell.

They are not enabling it just yet because Blizzard obviously wants to test the waters and see how much money they can get from the Goat Brigitte skin without the drop system enabled.

2 Likes

they also want viewers.

Fortunately, I’d saved up points and was able to grab the Brig skin :smile:

you mean a fabricated viewer count because those people will have it minimized and muted to farm the tokens

They did just close the deal last month. They’ll get it, though.

Btw do you know if you can still gain tokens from watching ingame ?

Advertisers don’t need to know

1 Like

There never has been a way to earn tokens directly through any game client. Tokens could only be earned by watching the live streams.

1 Like

Token drops weren’t enabled on Twitch at the very start of season 1 either. They became available for stage 2 IIRC.

hmm I actually thought you could also gain tokens from watching ingame. Well thats a rip then. Thanks

It used to work that one could earn tokens from watching the embedded viewer on the BattleNet app launcher, OverwatchLeague.com, and the OverwatchLeague App, but this still was done through Twitch’s drop system (even if you did not directly link your Twitch account). As such since the move to YouTube, even these platforms are not working.

3 Likes