How do you feel about Overwatch currently?

I think balance is the big issue right now, not enough heroes yet.

1 Like

The game has died because of Blizzard. Competitive is awful.

5 Likes

Game is fine as it is, people will always comaplin about there one trick heros being nerfed and such. People also need to realize that in this game not everything will be balanced 100% of the time. Things will always be meta and people will always complain that the thing is meta. If you dont like playing against meta go play mystery heros you scrubs

This. Far too many people seem to care more about their character than the game as a whole.

1 Like

sad and upset.

jeff characters required

1 Like

Game is in a garbage state. I only play to kill time. Which right now, i have a ton of.

1 Like

Disappointing

1. Blizzard have made no effort to make QP compelling, in arcade you get loot boxes, in comp you get golden weapons, in QP you get idiots

2. Failure to keep characters balanced - this one speaks for itself

3. No meaningful punishments for trolls or toxic behaviour

4. Part of No 3, stupid report system that can easily be abused

5. Terrible SR system, no i dont care that you climbed to GM playing an OP character, you have the game sense of a potato and if you had to switch off due to being countered you would be useless to the team

6. Games are won based on who has the most flex players… you’re screwed if you end up with 6 dps mains on your team or too many support mains…Blizzard after more than 2 years have still failed to address this issue

3 Likes

the smurfs on console are killing it pretty bad right now and since they dont like to mm quick play i consistantly run into diamond and master players as a gold its not really fun

1 Like

The game is suffering from the development teams failure to consider what much of the line up is like to play against in their initial design coupled with their lack of effort towards balance.

3 Likes

I’m waiting for a classic mode to come out where I can play the game how it was at release, I haven’t actually really played Overwatch outside of the occasional arcade match since Mercy got reworked.

Which is to say, I don’t enjoy it. I think it’s poorly balanced and doesn’t have any idea what it actually wants to be.

2 Likes

I can’t really even put it into words, I just know that I don’t want to play the game and every time my friend asks my to I’m starting to tell her where to shove it.

1 Like

Well, this mentailty can be extrapolated to a lot of people in the game as well. It’s just the most prevalent (and extreme) on the forums.

zero content so I just pop in every monday to get my 9 arcade wins then Im done for the week

My main problem with this game stems from a few things;

• Lack of content: Arguably, since Summer Games 2018, this game’s content amount has spiraled downward. Each event is almost lackluster in items, and with event modes just being the same (almost buggy), there’s little excitement around seasonal events. Even outside of events there’s barely anything. No new map for Blizzcon, just a hero reveal and a cinematic.

• Lack of Dev Feedback: Sure, you aren’t going to appease every fan with your decisions, and people will always complain, but I feel like Blizzard just doesn’t acknowledge anything the player base says. Whether it be hero requests, an option for deaf players to get subtitles for literally anything, or just an idea of what’s going on, Blizzard is often silent until they push the idea forward.

• OWL: While the concept is okay, putting all resources into this eSport is pushing away the casual player base.

• Constant Hero Changes / Forced Meta Switches: I understand not every hero is going to be viable. I understand that people get tired of the same meta over and over. But constantly reworking and changing heroes is not the answer. It’s so hard to get used to a character confidently, but before you know it they’ve been reduced to F Tier. I’m not a perfect flex player, realistically, I can play four characters comfortably. Guess what? All three of those heroes keep getting changed. It’s not enjoyable to learn a hero, enjoy their play style, and two months later I’m essentially given a new character without the chance to go back to my old one.
    To me, it just feels like priorities for Overwatch are set on monetary value, not enjoyablitiy value. You can keep making ways to make money, but nobody is going to pay for something they don’t enjoy. :woman_shrugging:

7 Likes

I’m not sure what region you are in, but I can confirm it is dieing in OCE (Australia / New Zealand)

My friends in SEA says it is dieing there, and South America has problems as well.

They can’t retain new players.

2 Likes

For me personally: my enjoyment of the game has been steadily declining. I think its a mix of every patch feels worse and worse to play, every new hero release seems to cause a problem (except Hammond, the one I thought would really be an issue), events just suck unless its Archives.
Blizz has been pretty bad at communicating with the playerbase this year too I’d say and that never feels good.
It feels like the devs actively ignore when chunks of the playerbase isn’t happy (like Symm mains with her most recent rework and we all know the Mercy situation)
It also feels like they are far too focused on nerfing characters. I never want to hear the word “nerf” again after playing this game!
To top it off it feels like everything is about OWL now. Changes feel like they happen because of pros not because its an issue for MOST of the playerbase or its something a pro complained about, not the rest of us.
In conclusion my enjoyment of the game has plummeted in 2018. I hope 2019 fixes that but… Well, I’m not eager for the first patch of the year so we aren’t off to a great start.

2 Likes

This.

If the events don’t have anything fresh to them anymore I’m backing out. I came for the lore and the events. I’m a casual player and this game sold me for being a casual FPS moba.

It’s not delivering.

How do I feel about ow currently…

ITS 2019 AND WE STILL DONT KNOW WHY OVERWATCH SHUT DOWN.
we literally know nothing about the lore Jesus. We don’t know what happened to reaper, we have no idea what all the characters are currently doing and we have no idea what the conspiracy that sombra found is.

The balance in this game is extremely slow and content release are thin as well. This game is literally dying and overwatch league won’t help save this game. Infact I think overwatch league is part of the issue due to the fact that they are diverting resources to it.

Over all 2019 is looking very grim for overwatch if they don’t do something this year.

4 Likes
  • Had to stop playing my main Pharah after 2+ years because the rework made her garbage and Mercy got dumped on because they wanted to enforce changes in the support roster despite her being in line with other supports (which is absurd and toxic)
  • Had to also stop playing my previous main Roadhog because they destroyed him harder than nagasaki and he’s been T-tier ever since
  • Rein and Ana are just running rampant yet nothing is being done about it (armor damage reduction nerf seems weak)
  • Doomfist changes prove again how distant the devs are from proper balance changes
  • Smurfs are running rampant on the ladder making low tier gameplay unplayable at times and poses problems in high tier gameplay too since players use smurf accounts in groups to lower average SR’s to get easier matchups
  • No content to keep the game refreshing or to provide a grind. The event is nice but it should be weekly and the twitch thing is pretty bad
  • Balance is a bit of a joke right now because GOATS > Snipers+Genji > Other DPS which makes meta boring not because it’s just tanks and supports, but because everybody plays the same heroes
  • I don’t personally like Brigitte changes at all

TBH I only play this game right now because there still isn’t anything better out there as the latest releases have been huge dissapointments.

3 Likes
  • Balance is either not what this game needs OR is caused by swinging the nerf Bat or Buff bat.
    • Reaper having his passive buffed again for the 3rd time over making Shadowstep functional, which is a note because rumor has it that GOATS is still running strong.
  • Near-compete abandonment of these forums.
  • “side quests” like lore are left undelivered, or get added with little-to-no relevancy like the Bastet story.

I’m sick of it, I really am. I’m not one of these preacher that claim that the world is ending and that the game is dying, as it will still have it’s loyal fandom, but for the masses it’s a joke. There’s no reason to play when there are clear favorites among the balance team. When heros like Reaper and Bastion get their glaring weaknesses overlooked, then have any and all feedback ignored. Meanwhile Sombra got retooled and Brig and DF only suffer from the same Niche-ness keeping Bastion down.

They don’t seem to know what anyone wants, can’t please anyone, then ignore any valid complaints and feedback all while denouncing these forums, aka their greatest tool to talk with the community.

I’m giving it until the end of S1 OWL before I call it quits. I’m tired of waiting for a star to fall.

2 Likes