How do you deal with stacked teams?

Honestly I am sick of getting games where it is clear the enemy team is stacked to some degree. It’s almost infuriating. It’s so obvious when they are stacked and are coordinating so well. It really makes things feel super uneven. You can be performing great but I feel like unless you’re an actual god it won’t beat a stacked team coordinating. Half the time no one is even in comms on my team, and for the most part if they are, they aren’t shot-calling, or calling out enemy positions (mostly they just complain). I feel like blizzard should add a solo queue option. At least that way everyone in that queue is in the same boat on both sides. How do you deal with this crap if you’re solo queuing? Just try your best? Despite knowing full well that you cannot compete with coordination when you have none.

3 Likes

u can actually check this by pressing P(Opens lobby comms menu)
Right click on the enemy during the match and select “invite to group”

If they’re duod/stack it will notify u that “player is already in a group”
if they aren’t it will notify you that “you cannot invite someone who is in competitive play”

8 Likes

Thank you for telling me how to check if they are stacked. How do you deal with it? Just try and lose? Hope your team comes into comms and starts actively communicating and coordinating? What’s the solution when they are so well coordinated and your team is splintered into five different directions?

1 Like

There is a system in place to stop solos from playing 5-stacks. The game tries to match stacks to some degrees tho so if the enemy has a 4 stack chances are ur team does as well

1 Like

2 ways

1. outvalue them,
    Do more than them, get more elims, build more ults, be faster than them
  2. dismantle them
    Identify the key player on the enemy team
    Sometimes there are 2
    Keep them in ur sights at all time and try to eliminate at least one of them very quickly or trade with them,
    everytime they
    get a kill, u get a kill
    everytime they use an ult, u use your ult to equalise unless ur team got wiped by 1 ult
    dont trade 1 ult for 2, just let them waste
    if they win a fight with their ult, then u win the immediate next fight with ur ult.
    if they take highground, u take highground too

eventually, u’ll be able to deal with mutiple enemies at the same time but until then, use these matches to practise that

If they’re a stack that means that your team is individually stronger than theirs. If you get some good coms going on in your team you have a good chance of winning.

You could try…coordinating with your team

1 Like

Most people, including myself, play solo queue. Getting 5 strangers to coordinate is a near impossibility. If I can get the 4 others to just simply group before going in I consider it a success.

2 Likes

4 out of 5 comp matches tonight have like 2 ppl in voice. If no1 cares no1 will try no1 will buy-in no1 will pay for this devteam to afford lunch. I hope they don’t have kids to feed sersiously fr. #stunted_growth

When I played I had all voice channels off in the options by default There’s no point. The amount of harassment in this game has quadrupled since going F2P.

1 Like

still, it sucks trying to tryhard and having like 1 other person in voice.
i guess phone numbers → alts to break the ladder, are indefinitely cheaper than microphones

This post is interesting and probably still relevant:

If I understand it correctly, the matchmaker tries to mirror teams in terms of group size. So if, say, I’m solo queueing, and the enemy team has a 4 stack, then it’s very likely that the other 4 people on my team are in a group. Overall, such a match is technically fair, in that both teams have equal-sized groups. However, in my opinion, the subjective experience of the solo queuer isn’t great. Not only are you fighting at least 4 enemies that are well coordinated, but you’re also “othered” by your own teammates because you’re not one of them.

I feel like blizzard should add a solo queue option. At least that way everyone in that queue is in the same boat on both sides.

That would be neat and I’d probably use it, but I doubt they’d want to split the playerbase like this.