How do I make some invisible from a certain range?

I am trying to make a range in which you can see enemies (i want it to varies with certain characters)

Maybe create a player variable for the person who is invisible, and when they are, set it to true. Then when the other character checks the range of that enemy, you can also check if their invisible variable is true or false. (Or maybe a Global variable to list a player whos invisible, might be easier?)

Also please be aware the current Set Invisible action only supports to make a Player/Bot only invisible to the context of either to None, Enemy or All, there is no customization possible to whome excactly a Player can be invisible, so the result might not be as you may desire. So have a more thought over some elements and a concept of your game mode or features certain things don’t work yet.

2 Likes

One somewhat workaround that I’ve used for this (it’s not perfect) is that I set the player invisible to all, but create an effect on that player’s location, which can be changed to only be seeable to specific people at different times. It’s not optimal but it gets the job done.

1 Like

That may work, i hope soon they update Set Invisible to determine more specific individuals or groups as an option to make the target or more invisible to. they updated Start Player Outlining as well a time ago and hope some methods like Set Invisible getting some rework in some way that workarounds become less to apply.

2 Likes