How do I find out what’s causing my game to crash?

I got a new laptop, it crashes instantly on load up of an online game. It’s cost me a suspension and about 16 games leavers penalty in only 4 or 5 disconnects. The first two were competitive, got a penalty already just for that and then I decided to test on standard and you get penalties for that too…

I need to work out why the game is crashing, but there’s no error log in the directory.

So how do I work out what it is? Thanx

Plus can we please remove penalties from non competitive games? I find it crazy that I cannot have this experience without being penalised l.

Just says “your rendering device has been lost”.

“Your Rendering Device Has Been Lost” is a message that appears when your graphics card or graphics chipset crashes trying to run Overwatch. There can be a variety of causes behind this but these steps are a good place to start:

Unfortunately all disconnections and game crashes counts as leaving the match and will be penalized appropriately. The game server has no way to discern a legitimate disconnection or game crash from one that is forcefully caused by a dishonest player to bypass leaver penalties. You can learn about this policy here:

I sorted the problem, the game was set to 97 percent rendering… Blizzard really should fix the game defaulting to that.