How different would Overwatch be with

My friend who introduced me to OW would get frustrated with me for this.

Ammo depletion, I spent weeks when I started repeatedly asking how I know how much ammo I have left, and even after he reminded me many times that there is no depletion, I would still do silly things as if I was playing with depletion like holding onto shots for ages.
It is so deeply ingrained into me that ammo depletion is a thing, that it took maybe 2 months to fully get over it.

1 Like

Nice, now could you(the team mh) reply to some important threads too? Basic stuff, “we have plans for that” “we don’t have plans currently”…things like that…

1 Like

People like you are why they don’t communicate. How about don’t take any opportunity of them showing up to whine like this?

1 Like

would you give a look at petra and maybe find out why players get xp punished for the map being way too big? and maybe why so many peopme quit it midgame?

A non-genji main tells you to be productive and this what you do?

Never forgot where the health packs are. Plus, it’s part of game knowledge.

1 Like

I wouldn’t call posting gifs productive either

Footage of that early development stage:

2 Likes

It’s video game logic, obviously everyone is wearing leg cybernetics or something to prevent fall damage.

Cheers,

~ PyroPanda

I never learned in the first place since I always play tanks, supports, Bastion and Soilder. on purpose so I don’t have to learn the locations

but it doesn’t have to be

You reap what you sow.

That explains your reaper profile pic

It woudl make the game pretty clunky and suiciding will probably be used to escape a kill.

I can already imagine him just sitting there waiting for his ability to come back.

It wasn’t an idea. He was discussing.

Borderlands was another game that had to remove fall damage. In Borderlands 1, near the end of the main game, you had to descend to get to the vault. If you were too far up when dropping down, you would suffer fall damage.

When Borderlands 2 was released, fall damage completely removed. There were plenty of times where jumping off an extremely high platform was a lot faster than running all the way back down.

Fall damage made even less sense in Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel because most of the time, you were in low gravity places than high gravity places. So, it wouldn’t have worked in that game, either.

It would be the end of grapple shots for my Widow…

literally anytimea dev replies to a post gets swarmed by complaints about unrelated stuff.
Same user after a bit “Y DO DEV NO REPLI”

Jeff has the team ever considered implementing more quake esque movement into the game? For example airstrafing, or surfing?

Ever considered making it a custom games option, like with low gravity, just so we can mess around with it ourselves?

Yeah we don’t need fall damage, unless its for Single Player Campaign maybe they can test it there,

having hard time finding a reason not to play this game <3