HOW did you manage to break sensitivity settings

Season 3: Sombra’s revenge.

5 Likes

They screwed that up for console scope sensitivitys along time ago but just didnt care since its console obviously haha :laughing: ammuses me to see a very similar issue on pc now.

yea, i was wondering why my aim felt so off. play at 3.69 anything above or below it really screws with my aim

… Okay so this is weird, but my sensitivty selection has been this way since OW2 launched… I haven’t been able to slide it to a decimal since.

You can manually type in numbers to 2 decimal points.

It’s a manual input on the textbox

yeah the slider has been that way since the beginning but now even if you manually put in another dumber it doesnt stay that number.

Huh, interesting. Didn’t realize that… well, thankfully I’ve already adapted but…

These devs are really bad at their job lmao. Even EA folks are doing better than them

Noticed the same. I usually play 3.5 and can definitely feel the difference to 4 alot. So I read the comment saying it is just a visual bug and went to try it out myself.
Turns out when I set it to 3.5 it actually stays at 3.5 until I open the settings again.
Opening the settings somehow rounds it up.
So just set yur sensitivity and dont open settings again =b
for now…

Good catch. I dont think I tried reopening the page afterwards and closing it again. I could see how that might cause an issue. My mistake!

So… is this a visual bug or actually rounding sensitivity up? Been feeling like my aim’s off ever since the season began. Would be nice to get some confirmation…

its actually rounding up sensitivity. the only thing you can do about it is manually set another dpi thats lower/higher than your normal one so your edpi is closer to what it was before.

yeah. my ‘‘testing’’ could very well have been wrong but i think it is just a visual bug too if i put it on 3.49 and 3.50 it feels almost the same even though it corrects one to 4 ant the other to 3. And if i Put one to 3 and the other try to 4 they feel a lot more different.

Someone else pointed out above that if you reopen the menu it does actually apply the rounded value. So it’s not purely visual as I originally thought, but if you enter the number manually and then never reopen the menu you’re all good.

Wait I was wondering why my sens was on 5 from 4.75 when I logged in

cant confirm that. no matter if i close it and never reopen, changing sens does nothing apart from when you change so much that it gets rounded to a different number.

And I can confirm that it does. If you type in a non-whole number, press enter, and click back, it is applied. When I change mine from 4 to 3.5, the difference is night and day, and easily testable by checking the distance required to make a 360.

The devs have also confirmed this as a workaround in the known bugs list:
https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/overwatch/t/overwatch-2-known-issues-february-7-2023/783293/3

• There is an issue where the Mouse Sensitivity setting may reset to full integers when you return to the setting in your control options.
    • Workaround: This setting will save at your specified value when you leave the control options each time.

it doesnt work on my end. i even used a ruler so i didnt need to trust my senses.

Then you are doing something wrong because it’s been confirmed as working fine by everyone except you who has tried it so far.