How did Rialto ever make it past playtesting

well.i have…many many many times…so…

43 Likes

D.Va, Winston, Zarya and especially Brigitte don’t have much of an issue here.

1 Like

No.

Nothing in this game comes as close to being as bad as Horizon Lunar Colony.

NOTHING!!!

50 Likes

LOOKS UP FROM NEWSPAPER

That’s one of my favorites lol
It’s very Reaper friendly

2 Likes

Say what you want but I’d rather play HLC ten times back to back than play Rialto once

2 Likes

I can at least enjoy Rialto.

Horizon makes me want to uninstall every time I see it pop up.

22 Likes

Because it is a good map. Also the first choke can be passed easily from a safe side path that leads directly behind the enemy lines.

41 Likes

HLC is no gem but at least you can make first point as often as not

Rialto always stonewalls the first team to attack at the first corner, 4 times out of 5 in my experience

1 Like

To each their own.

I still hate it.

We need vetos!!

1 Like

I almost always make it to the 3rd point on Rialto, just not quite to the very end of it.

Very few games does someone get stuck on that first point.

2 Likes

Playtesting

First thing I did when it hit the PTR is to finish the map and full hold first on the next round. One of my absolute favorite maps imo, maybe you just have to learn the flow of the map a little better.

5 Likes

well down here in Silver Hell no one can agree on a path to take so half the team goes across the bridge, the other half takes the side path and they all get killed somehow

god I hate Silver with a burning passion

Normally I sit at 2300 but I took a nasty tumble one weekend and now I’m stuck

when I queue with a plat friend, those games are a breath of fresh air.

I’m definitely good enough to keep up with high Golds

but evidently not good enough to carry Silver teams. This sucks.

1 Like

You just don’t like the map. Every person has a different map they hate.

8 Likes

I just never have a good game on it.

And that can happen to anyone in other map. I hate with all my self Volskaya industries for example. It just the way it is.

1 Like

Ehh, I don’t like it.

Sniper sight-lines are atrocious as with most payload maps, and the choke points are particularly unwelcoming.

2 Likes

It can be bad, esepcialy the stall possible on the last point of defense. That said it doesn’t really change the fact there was no real play testing involved. Remember how bad Rialto was? You could spawn camp the second point with ease due to the defenders having no cover.

They actually had to alter the map after it hit PTR it was so bad and Blizzard seems to hate making any changes to the game after something hits PTR. They usually wait a few months.

I’ve said it before but what ever kind of internal testing is done by Blizzard is not done by people with a well rounded skill tree. Their ability to trouble shoot support like Mercy and Brigitte is god awful.

Never mind the issues with Hanzo or Symetra. They went through test with the idea the teleporter was a good way to escape Gravs. Despite the fact the huge delay in activation makes it nearly impossible.

Lunar Colony sat broken for what 2 years before the rework, and I still say the first point is a joke.

3 Likes

In the past week, Attackers win 42.88%. We always try to balance toward a 50/50 win rate. We have some minor tweaks we can make to bring the map more in line. We were looking at it late last week and early this week. While it’s not perfect, it’s also not hugely out of line.

140 Likes

8% isn’t big? What is considered big then?

43 Likes

I like the map actually, but i can see how attacking feels a bit harder than defense.

4 Likes