How Competitive Skill Rating Works - Season 17

Zelda my friend I am reading what you have been saying and I can tell that you are getting the real deal. Ignore these people who are feeding this hog-wash that this matchmaker is functioning, they are like flat Earther they cannot be convinced even when evidence is in front of them.

I have recently proven that this matchmaker is a broken stinky mess, I recorded GM player to play on a platinum account and challenge him to make it to just 3300. He could not. He spent so many hours just trying to get this account out of plat, and then finally when he make it to diamond (should be easy part) he give up and then lost his mind. I am not even kidding I have video evidence.

We can only pray that the new matchmaker is working and not terrible broken stink-park.

oh that’s really easy to answer. MMR is a relative system. 2300 three months ago is not the same as 2300 today. Also, right in the middle is prone to more volatility because that’s where new accounts are placed. So a lot of people don’t belong at 2350, but are place there anyway because it’s a brand new account.

You can figure this out. Invert the language.

To say that MMR is wrong, is to say that MMR does not match a player’s actual skill. This is obviously the case for all new players. It can also be the case if a player changes in skill, but hasn’t played much competitive since, or if a player gets lucky/unlucky and wins/loses games through the actions of other players. Finally, MMR and skill bounce around from game to game, so it is only occasional that they actually match exactly.

Each match is a measurement to see, “Should this players MMR be higher or lower? By how much?”

You’ve been hallucinating cause and effect for three years. The system isn’t trying to hold you to “where it thinks you should be”. It is just trying to put equally skilled players together. It doesn’t always do a good job.

1 Like

I’m not going to rehash that argument here. People that care can read 2800 to 3300 Challenge. The only thing I can’t tell about you is how many of your lies you actually believe.

1 Like

There’s no such thing as an “impossible game” at 2300, unless you legitimately belong in gold

1 Like

Yes please read the thread that is posted, and especially the title which says 2800 to 3300 and this person stop at 3070.

If you watch this video you should be able to clearly see this person is playing far beyond 2800 yet struggle game after game for hours upon hours just to get to simple 3070. it is proof your beloved matchmaker is stinky garbage. I look up the stats of the player, he was playing ashe and was rank better than 99% of player in plat, yet still struggle just to raise SR.

You have called me a liar but I do not lie and that is what you do here every day. You did not even watch the videos I am betting to see this person struggle or you would know how broken your stinker is.

Let us hope your next try is less stinky.

Hey guys just as a follow up, I personally will not be immediately starting a new topic for the Role Queue Beta season. One reason is that I want to do some serious research into the new system (since PTR was a bit inconsistent) and get a better idea of how matchmaking ratings, placement matches, etc. are working.

If you need a general reminder to the changes of Competitive Play with Role Queue please see the official Blog Post on PlayOverwatch.com and the Role Queue Developer Update Video.

So do we still need to play at least 10 games to get the season reward at the end ? I dont know how it works now sorry >< can someone explain please ?

No problem, right now with the new Role Queue system, you must complete 5 games in any one of three possible roles (Damage, Tank, or Support) and that will qualify for the spray, player icon, and bonus competitive points for that role. Please note that if you complete 5 placement matches in each of the three possible roles (for a total of 15 matches), you can earn more bonus competitive points.

Role Queue Beta does NOT have any special spray or player icon as this is a 2-week season which will not count to your long-term Competitive record. It also will have a smaller point payout in comparison to what a regular 2-month season will have.

Once season 18 begins, you will be able to earn the following bonus Competitive Point breakdowns:

Skill Tier Old Payouts CP Per Role All Three Roles*
Bronze 65 25 75
Silver 125 50 150
Gold 250 100 300
Platinum 500 200 600
Diamond 750 300 900
Master 1200 450 1350
Grandmaster 1750 650 1950

*This assumes you place at the same rank for all three roles.

So if I just want the spray and player icons, all I need to do is just complete 5 games in 1 of the roles ?

Correct.

Understood, thank you very much !

“Matchmaking is fair”
Sounds great. But doesn’t work. How do you explain that i got 30games in a row where I’m put with at least 2 beginners and other team has none?

Wow so much text, i have better and more informative about MM

“Your “Skill” is based on random how much retards have one team over another. Team with less - wins. You can throw a game and get +24, you can playhard like MLG PRO and get -24”