How Competitive Matchmaking and Rating Works (Season 26)

Yet you claim to know how is matchmaker handicapping players when you didnt play for years. Thats hilarious. Maybe you should move on.

1 Like

Can we please add the links to the patents on rigged gameplay into the knowledge base? So people can be informed. We want the community to know clear as day what kind of hidden scam they might be paying for.

2 Likes

We cant because there isnt described that patent is used for overwatch. Also it has certain parts which are definitely used in different games and not in OW.

1 Like

But the rest of the post - based almost entirely on speculation - is allowed to stay? That’s a little biased and defensive lol.

No, the patents on rigging should be mentioned up front and center, as “possibly” in the game, just as much as “MSTrueSkill/ELO” is “possibly” in the game.

Which part/parts exactly??..

1 Like

I guess it be like that.

But how does it work… REALLY?

1 Like

Under which section is it?

1 Like

Hey, do you write somewhere about after placement SR bonus on new account? I could not find it or maybe i missed it?

1 Like

Devs explained that it is fair system, they designed it so they know better than you. If you claim that system is not fair or rigged, burden on proof is on you to provide evidence.

1 Like

Devs designed the system for game from 2016.
Since then the brackets for matching are wider, there is less ppl, and you have dpss with no clue how to play tanks/healers play around their dps sr(priority pass).

1 Like

What your point? People had no clue how to play heroes a lot more when game was new. Game had several changes to ranked system too. Its not exactly same game as it was released.

1 Like

My point is that sometimes changing something “innocent” in code can bring different results than what you expect, and without thorough testing it won’t come to the light.
I doubt that enough of developers test the game to find every posible bug/deviation, since they don’t have enough of them to fix what community found.

1 Like

So what is the evidence standard for the OP and this post? They post this every season to/for the communty. They’re not a dev? They pulled crumbs of evidence together. Much of it outdated. Good on them, but ??

Meanwhile, you said:

as well as:

For which it is mentioned:

Which is forced 50/50 rigging. That doesn’t mean you always go 50/50, but it tries to keep you as near to that as analytically possible. Using hidden metrics to score people but pay them out in rigged 50/50 games doesn’t seem fair, at all. And it makes SR, ranks, and laddering a runner up to rigged matchmaking.

Let’s call it what it is - rigged system.

1 Like

Statements from developers, observations of the certain thing by multiple players recorded on video as evidence.

1 Like

So we have statements saying it’s rigged 50/50? Or was that quote just a speculation? And what about the hundreds of forum posts and streams of people feeling stuck and rigged into oppression? Do those observations count as evidence? Not that we need their stories - because if MMR 50/50 is true, you get SR backpressure by it’s very existence.

1 Like

Its not, but it works in same way still. As you can see, OP is editing stuff or added ng new discover es or revealed changes to system.

No, its not rigging. Its fair 50/50 match. Maybe forced, but not rigged. Stop saying that 50/50 is rigged, its by not definition of term “rigged”.

Or just lets not because thats not what it is.

I am done with you until you will realize what “rigged” means by definition.

1 Like

Press X to doubt. “No changes were reported” i.e. 0 comms, does not imply it still works that way. Bad logic. Much of the sourcing is years old, after several critical ladder changes, role-locks, partial reset attempts, etc.

Let’s check the definitions:
Rigging comes from rig, “to set up or prepare”

Rigging: Trying to force an outcome. Whether fair or not. Like 50/50.
That is by definition rigging. It’s a ranked winrate system based on rigged matches.
Based on “fairness metrics” we can’t ever see.

Stop pushing the scam.

1 Like

My “claim” is based on a direct quotation from Scott Mercer, lead designer of Overwatch. Any literate person can infer what I have said from Scott’s statement.

1 Like

In skill rating -> new accounts, I state that new accounts have high uncertainty. This means that they will move down or up more than established accounts with each game.